Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

PRECISION FLIGHT PRODUCTS CIRRUS YOKES; PEDALS and CONS

Hi all,does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with the Precision Flight Products Cirrus yoke(s), pedals or the Cirrus II flightconsole, especially with FS 2002?I am thinking of going all the way and would like to hear from anyone who has operated any of these. How do they feel? What about smoothness and precision? How do they compare to the CH-Products yoke/pedals? Are USB devices available? I am particularly intersted in the Cirrus II flightconsole.Is it worth the large investment?BTW, I use Windows 98 SE.Thanks for your replies.

I have the Cirrus II and the avionics stack... Everything works via the COM port and Peter Dowson's PFC.DLL driver, and may I say that it works *extremely* well. I actually prefer this hardware to be non-USB or gameport, since it gets a "dedicated" port. Even though the whole shebang is running at 9600 bps to the port, there is never any sense that things aren't "keeping up". (I'm on Win98 SE as well.)Having practically every switch and knob emulated is, as you can imagine, pretty nice and adds greatly to the immersion factor. I am continually amazed at what a great job Peter has done on the driver, esp. w.r.t. the avionics stack. He makes the most of it given FS2002's limitations (for instance, the stack has a GPS section but it cannot control the FS2002 GPS). (If you want to get a better idea of how these things work, download the PFC.DLL driver from http://www.projectmagenta.com and look at the docs. You could even install the driver to see the amazing amount of control that you have over the hardware.)I had bought the CH Flight Sim Yoke prior to this, and I would call the yoke action similar but far more smooth in the Cirrus II - i.e. both use spring return centering. My one criticism of both of these yokes is that there is no hardware trim wheel, but to get that you'd have to get PFC's "professional" console which is almost five grand.To be honest I don't use the Cirrus II much, due to its size and my lack of a place to put it other than my computer table - and my wife doesn't cotton to that much since she uses this machine to surf with. So typically, I just use my CH joystick, throttle, and pedals along with the av stack.I might be talked out of the Cirrus II, if you're interested - I could use the $ to finish off my instrument rating. It has the Jet-style yoke, and includes the three control throttle quadrant as well as the "twin" one... It was gone through by PFC right after I acquired these pieces used, and has the latest bits 'n bobs inside (e.g. firmware, and a brand new controller board.) Contact me privately if you want to discuss this.The av stack is NFS though 8^) .cheers,Dave BlevinsKRHV

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest gasebah

>My one criticism of both of these yokes is that there is no hardware >trim wheel, but to get that you'd have to get PFC's "professional" >console which is almost five grand.Or GoFlight's GF-LGT that is below 200US$ and works great.Alex

The Go-Flight unit is not a *hardware" trim wheel that relieves pressure from the yoke - that's what I would like to have.dB.

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest B52Drivr

Hi All,I bought a AETI (persision flight controls built) yoke,about three years ago . . . it was the best investment for flight simming I have made other than my new computer. Being a real world pilot, and having used a CH Virtual Pilot Pro for a few years, the difference was day and night.I have had this for three years, and have put about 1500 hours of use on it . . .(including letting my wifes kids play with it) and just the other night I took it apart, tightened a few things up and put it back together, it was just like new. Everything requires maintenence once in awhile, and tightening a few allen head screws and lubing things up a bit every three years is very cheap maintenence.If, this one broke tomorrow and couldn't be repaired . . .(everything is replaceable on this unit, so the likelyhood of this happening is slim), I would buy another in a heartbeat! This is a first class, FAA approaved unit and it does the job wonderfully.Best to all,Clay

Hi there,I would like to thank you all for your inputs. Looks like I'll have to start putting some money aside and save up for one of these units.Thanks again and best regards from LOWS.

I have the AETI II also and it's great but it has no Hat switch and I often go back to my CH FS Yoke LE because of it's ease in quickly looking around.

I spent $1600 dollars for the PFC Jetliner Yoke with rudder pedals and toe brakes along with the throttle console that includes 4 throttle levers (it automatically adjusts for 2-3- or 4 engine jets so you use all four, the first three or the middle two), a flap lever, landing gear lever, spoilers lever, reverse lever and rudder trim dial. The rudder trim dial also acts as a wheel for ground steering. The yoke has a tone of programable switches on it. The Jetliner yoke is of course all metal and sits on a base on the floor with the rudder pedals fitting nicely around it. It gives a true feel of a jetliner. Well worth it. I fly only jetliners so this may be not what your looking for.

Eric