Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

OK I need to aks, What does BUMP mean in the posts? (nt

It's a way to 'bump' your post to the top of the list. If your post gets no replies it will go down the list..so as a way to bring that post back up to the top so people can see it you add a reply....most people just say "BUMP"Take careMike

((( RANT MODE ON )))It is a RUDE way to draw attention to a previously posted message, when no one responds to it. As in; "my message is so important that I am going to SHOVE IT IN YOUR FACE ONE MORE TIME!!!! And to heck with all the other messages that may have come in since it was posted..."((( RANT MODE OFF )))

Rant response mode on,OK Tom I get the point. So after xxxxx posts a beautiful picture of a new fighter plane he has installed and no replies have been given yet every other post with the 14000th a320 has 400 replies saying wow I will ignore that and let it fall to the bottom and oblivion where it obviously belongs since no one has replied. Rant response mode off:)

Guest C17SimGuy

what does "nt" mean?-drew-

oh....I thought it was a respectable way to bring your post up...I mean sometimes you post something at peak times and within 2 minutes it's at the bottom of tha page. Repeatedly bumping your post to the top is rude yes, but I thought that bumping once today and maybe again the next day is OK.Mike

I only bump beacuse if a post gets no replies, It doesn't mean that nobody wants to see it. The internet is an international community, & with the time zones & all, some people who might have an answer to your question or some feedback on your repaint might not have seen it since they were sleeping. :)

EXCELLENT RESPONCE JOSHIECA! I couldn't have said it better my self..... show those FORUM ADM. their own words!! lol....nice one!

I don't think I can appreciate this message of yours, chum. Better watch your step around here.... those FORUM ADM can get touchy after a week's full of crap mail, spammers, pirates, and messages like these. ________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Yup... and maybe we can just eliminate those that have zero appreciation for the bandwidth they do consume.

Guest Lindy

...... sure did hit a sore spot. Actually it never occurred to me that bumping a message was all that rude. Generally I've only seen it done when a message got dropped way down the page or over onto page 2 within a short period of time and the poster never received any response (or help). I've bumped messages back up myself in what I thought was a helpful manner. Guess I'll be more careful about that. Sorry, Avsim....I didn't realize bumping a message was considered rude. (And I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything..... I really will be more careful.)Lindy :-wave HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND!