Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Dreamfleet Cardinal is released!

Better be prepared for a long day... Looks like their website is flooded so much with Downloads, that DL speeds are hovering just a tad better than a 56K connection... -John

Would anybody care to give us a quick first impression of this airplane? Does it have the same quality and attention to detail I

I'm curious too... I'm also curious about an odd thing in all the screenshots. The cowl flaps seem to be extended in all the shots--can they be retracted?-John

Guys, it is a true work of art. Attention to detail is amazing. It flies..well just as it's supposed to. WI scenery is top notch as well.$38 very well spent.

Guest BrianC

Maybe I caught it at a good time, but I'm getting 145 KB/sec.

Same fine job as the Archer Kenny. A nice aircraft. - Trip

They close John. The lever is on the center console. - Trip

Guest Jeff S KDTW
Guest Moghdad

I'm going to give it a few days. My initial impression is that the plane doesn't look as good on my system as the promo screenshots. It's kind of blurry and looks cruder than the Archer. I would like to adjust the eyepoints. Does anyone know how? I've only had time to fly a quick trip around the pattern. It seems to have that same tendancy to stick to the runway as the pre-patch Archer. The panels look good.

>I'm going to give it a few days. My initial impression is >that the plane doesn't look as good on my system as the >promo screenshots. It's kind of blurry and looks cruder >than the Archer. I would like to adjust the eyepoints. >Does anyone know how? I've only had time to fly a quick >trip around the pattern. It seems to have that same >tendancy to stick to the runway as the pre-patch Archer. >The panels look good. IMO, the tendency to stick to the runway is.......Was the trim set to takeoff position, and a perception of our controls. What I don't like is simulated aircraft that just fly off on their own at normal takeoff trim settings and within the normal range of raising the nosewheel and actual rotation. With an actual real Cessna, I "may" make an effort to slightly raise the nosewheel at around 55 kias and then start rotation between 60 and 65 kias (which happens quickly). The rotation is definately an effort on my part followed by a slight relaxing of back pressure.I thought the Cardinal did quite well for takeoff. The following pic shows a smooth climbeout with aircraft accelerating to 69 kias. The aircraft rolled slightly to the right because I was "forgetting" about the simulated 8 kias quartering winds from the left. The wind and reaction on the aircraft was quite realistic! It was even interesting to see the clouds "blow" across the mountain peaks during my run-up. As to eye-points, I just manually adjust for VC's. Ctrl enter,Ctrl backspace, and shift enter, shift backspace, Then roll the cockpit with hat switch.L.Adamson