Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Carenado V35 Bonanza flying problems

Hi there,I have just installed today the V35 Bonanza on my Win XP system from Carenado and everthing went well.I am making a takeoff and climbing without problems but then at a certain point in time the aircraft starts to bank in any one direction. After some tests I noted that depending which fuel tank I am using when the opposite tank starts getting lighter the aircraft banks opposite to that. I noted on Carenado's site that the F33A had problems with weight and balance and there is a patch to it. I do not know if I should download this or not. Can anyone help me please.Is any one seeing this problem in his aircraft and are there any solutions to it. Regards,Emann.

There is some problems with Carenado's aircraft for sure. Try using your landing lights at dust and see if they illuminat from the cockpit or on the ground for that matter. On my system they don't and it's not untile nite when it's fully dark that you can see the lights. I tried to contact Carenado months ago about this and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I think your issue is known but good luck with any support from Carenado. You do need to understand that you are flying a prop driven aircraft and it will pull to the left due to the rotation of your propeller blades. As far as the fuel tank problem, unless you can design a fix yourself I guess your stuck like the rest of us. Overall I like my Bonanzas, I have them both (bought the V tail thinking the landing light problem would be fixed in the newer version but it was not, it had the same issue and the F33A).Happy Flying...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It's called "Real LIfe!"That's what happens when you let your left take get empty. Regarding the lights, that's a FS2002 deal not Corendo..

Don't know about the Bonanza but in the Arrow you need to switch fuel tanks every now and then or one side of the plane will be lighter than the other. There should be fuel tank switch on the panel, with Left and Right. If it has a Both position just set it to that, otherwise you'll need to switch tanks when you start noticing it isn't balanced.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Geofa, when flying by yourself, do you select tanks to counter your own weight? I have been loading my virtual arrow with less weighton the left side to counter myself.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Sorry Fred but the landing light problem is not a bug in FS2002, all other GMAX aircraft have landing lights visible at dusk. Only the Bonanza's can't do this.... As far as the patch is concerned, it does fix the problems listed on Carenado's website but not the landing light problem..

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Moghdad

You would expect a plane to pull toward the fuller wing tank. This isn't a defect of the model. In fact, the model would be defective if it did not exhibit this tendancy. Try to balance your fuel usage by switching tanks as necessary, and use rudder trim. Once you get the hang of it, you will have it flying perfectly level, trust me. I have flown about 70 hours on the Carenado V35 over the past couple of months. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best-flying GA single released so far.It's true about the landing lights, though. It's a minor but real problem on an otherwise beautifully-made aircraft and deserves a patch.

I always try to fly with full fuel-that way I know how much I have. On the bonanza you always start using the left tank as any unused fuel is returned to that tank. I haven't found people to be much of a factor-but after an hour off of a tank you do notice a leaning.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif