Sign in to follow this  
Guest odog

Framrates

Hi folks,One thing about framerates, I have my framerates locked at 25. But however, when I'm flying, my framerate numbers vary from 8 - 25, even when I'm stationary on the ground. Any idea why such a big variation? Since it is able to be at 25, why does it vary to 8? It's too big of a variation?Thanks

Guest JonP01

Most users will be subject to times when their machine becomes heavily taxed, due to factors such as increasing scenery complexity, AI activity, weather etc. This can happen to even the most powerful machines. If you don't feel happy about it, you can reduce some of the slider settings and / or display options. Additionally, you could reduce the frame rate slider setting, thereby reducing the size of your variances. I think I can speak for some others that significant variations in frame rate are more annoying than a lower frame rate where that lower frame rate remains much more consistent. There can be a few settings that really eat into frames but they vary depending on your machine and what settings you have to start with.I don't think you can have your cake and eat it too, though. You will either need more computing horsepower or will need to compromise by reducing your maximum frame rate and / or experimenting with turning down or off options that you currently have enabled. You could start with scenery complexity, AI traffic percentage and terrain complexity go from there.

Guest odog

i might be wrong...again..but i thought i read somewhere that when you set the framerate slider it should be like 10 frames lower than when unlimited, this way you allow the extra power,or whatever, to be used to do other things, making it all run smoother at lower framerates...or maybe i dreamed it.