Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kurt

Scenery SDK Problem

Has anyone else had problem with the CustomTerrain SDK from MS?? I have twice downloaded this (about an hour on my poor old 56K line), and cannot get it to install. On each occasion a small window pops up, and on clicking where the 'yes' button would be the license agreement window appears but without any text. After which further error msgs. I have never had this sort of problem before.David

Guest sgreenwood

Hi David,This SDK does not really require "installation".I resist "installing" anything I don't have to, so my first approach to dealing with most small programs is to try extracting their contents with WinZip or WinRar (or other file compression/archive software). This is all you need to do with this SDK. Just extract it into some convenient folder. Several SDK exe files just contain another archive, so you will have to repeat the process in those situations.Regards,Stevewww.fs-traveler.com

Hi SteveThis is what I normally do with downloads, but this one is not a zip file but shows as an application in Explorer - presumably a self extracting. I dont think one has any option but to run it - but when I do I have problems noted earlier.I thought a would try a third and final download today, but MS seems to have removed it from the download list.Watch this space....RegardsDavid