Sign in to follow this  

Flight1 Carribean Scenery Problems....

After installing Flight1's "Isles of the West Indies" I found that the default Virgin Islands' St. Thomas and St. Croix seem to have extra land than they should have. Basically their now mire square blocks in the middle of the ocean with texture and trees than the contoured islands that they should be. I hope this problem gets corrected soon...Les--

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest PhilC

That's nothing.... look at this.I get objects that float 8 to 10 feet above the ground.I have reported it at the DreamFleet forums.

The whole coastline of Puerto Rico, the U.S. and British Virgin Islands is missing, the bays as well as lagoons are also filled with land. It is very annoying, especially since it is my preferred flying enviroment, it is my home region.

Guest pumrigar

Same here. Disabling the scenery did not restore the coastlines either. Fortunately I had backed up my system and have restored it. I will wait till a patch is released.Pesi

Apparently, the installation of the Caribbean scenery re-writes certain bgl files in the Scenedb, Carib, scenery folder. This is what affects the Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands coastlines. Restoring those original bgls takes care of the problem, but affects the new scenery. I'm sure they will correct this.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest PhilC

Well, right now I wouldn't recommend anyone purchase this scenery. It's just not the caliber that payware scenery should be. On my system the textures are so green that I feel like I am flying in a cartoon. I wish I would of held off. The Cardinal was worth the price but the scenery package was a waste of money IMHO.I too believe that the problems will be fixed and I will most likely enjoy it a little more then but, so far, their tech support forums are being ingnored. I'll give them a few more days to at least respond.

The textures DO remind me more of FS98, than those of FS2K,FS2002, and CFS2. A bit too much on the "splotchy" side with neon colors. The plus, are the airports complete with buildings and the elevations.L.Adamson

>There's not a lot wrong with Toni Agramont's freeware >Caribbean, guys! A search of "Agramont" in the entire AVSIM library gives me 6 hits, none of which are Caribbean scenery or textures. Do you have a link to his freeware Caribbean files?

Guest gasebah

Same here. It looks ok from 10000 feet, but if you gat nearer it looks like lollipop land. The textures are really low-res.Alex

You need to go, regrettably, to The Twiflight Zone .....FS2002 Central Caribbean Scenery[ Download | View ]Name: carib_ct.zip Size: 5,202,489 Date: 07-23-2002 Downloads: 2043 FS2002 Central Caribbean Scenery. Fully detailed VFR and IFR scenery. Contains nine airports and numerous cities and sea ports on the following islands: Saint Martin, Anguilla, St Barthelemey, St Eustatius, St Kitts, Nevis, Antigua and Montserrat. By Toni Agramont.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------FS2002 - FS2002 SceneryFS2002 Virgin Islands Scenery[ Download | View ]Name: virgins.zip Size: 4,691,728 Date: 07-10-2002 Downloads: 2621 FS2002 Virgin Islands Scenery. Fully detailed VFR scenery of the islands Anegada, Gorda,Tortola, St Johns, St Thomas and St Croix. See radio navs in the chart virgin.jpg. Twenty islands and Cays totally represented with towns and installations. By Toni Agramont.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------FS2002 - FS2002 SceneryFS2002 Scenery--Caribbean 2002[ Download | View ]Name: caribea2.zip Size: 23,386 Date: 06-26-2002 Downloads: 1633 FS2002 Scenery--Caribbean 2002. Add-on for the scenery of Cuba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico and Spaniola (Dominican Republic). Includes missing Novalib1.bgl for each of them. By Toni Agramont. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------FS2002 - FS2002 SceneryFS2002 Scenery--Spaniola[ Download | View ]Name: spaniola.zip Size: 6,216,927 Date: 06-03-2002 Downloads: 1744 FS2002 Scenery--Spaniola, Dominican Republic. Fully detailed scenery VFR with 13 airports, 102 cities and litle cities located in the perimeter of the coast. Many hotels and holiday centers, Punta Cana, Playa Bavaro, Puerto Plata, Monte Cristi, Sabana de la Mar, Corbanito in Salinas Point. By Toni Agramont.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------FS2002 - FS2002 SceneryFS2002 Puerto Rico Scenery[ Download | View ]Name: prtorico.zip Size: 10,084,235 Date: 05-24-2002 Downloads: 3117 FS2002 Puerto Rico Scenery and the islands Culebra and Vieques. Fully detailed VFR scenery that contains 17 airports/aerodromes, 62 cities and litle cities located in the perimeter of the coast. Also many hotels and holiday centers, and some interior itineraries. The cities of Old San Juan, Ponce, Mayaguez, Aguadilla, Arecibo and Caguas are very detailed. By Toni Agramont.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------FS2002 - FS2002 SceneryFS2002 Jamaica Scenery[ Download | View ]Name: jam-ta.zip Size: 5,418,805 Date: 05-17-2002 Downloads: 1967 FS2002 Jamaica Scenery. Fully detailed VFR scenery with two airports and four aerodromes. Also 109 cities and litle cities located in the perimeter of the coast. Many hotels and holiday centers, and some interior itineraries so Port Antonio-Port Morant and Kingston-Spanish Town-Mandeville-Black River and Kignston-Bogwalk-Ewarton-Maneague-Ocho Rios. By Toni Agramont.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------FS2002 - FS2002 SceneryFS2002 Scenery--Cuba[ Download | View ]Name: cutx2002.zip Size: 7,392,769 Date: 05-12-2002 Downloads: 1891 FS2002 Scenery--Cuba. Textures for use with CUSC2002.ZIP. Includes 86 airports many enhancements in the landscape. There are 390 cities at their exact coordinates; very detailed featuring colonial custom buildings, monuments, The Capitolio, The Cathedral of Havana, National Hotel, many hotels in Varadero, many churchs and harbors. By Toni Agramont. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------FS2002 - FS2002 SceneryFS2002 Scenery--Cuba[ Download | View ]Name: cusc2002.zip Size: 7,050,143 Date: 05-12-2002 Downloads: 2103 FS2002 Scenery--Cuba. Includes 86 airports many enhancements in the landscape. There are 390 cities at their exact coordinates; very detailed featuring colonial custom buildings, monuments, The Capitolio, The Cathedral of Havana, National Hotel, many hotels in Varadero, many churchs and harbors. See CUTX2002.ZIP for textures. By Toni Agramont........given that you can spare half an hour trying to get in.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest Jozef_K

There is only one problem with Toni Agramont's Caribbean sceneries:"ATTENTION!!!. THIS SCENERY REQUIRES TEXTURES NOVA", says the 'readme'. The given link to the NOVA textures however doesn't work anymore. On the NOVA site (WWW.FSNOVA.COM) I can find those textures neither. I am afraid the downloaded files are useless without the NOVA textures...http://httpd.chello.nl/~j-kusters/logo.gif [link:Ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Tradewind/"]Visit TCA TradeWind ]Jozef[/font