Sign in to follow this  

A340-600 : FlightCraft vs. SimuBuild

Guest A386

Hi,just did some check-flights with the new & nice FligtCraft A340 and with the "old" SimuBuild A340.After doing the reference flights my personal impression it that I favour the "old" SimuBuild over the new FlightCraft for several reasons.What do u think ?Andr

I think flightcraft did make an incredible model, but I'm with you- I perfer simubuild. I'm not saying that flightcraft's model is bad or anything, but as far as the visual model goes, I think Simubuild made it a little more accurate. But, Flightcraft's model is more frame rate freindly compared to Simubuild's, which is a big plus for people with bad systems like me. So I use both. I like them both, but if I HAD to choose one it would be the Simubuild one. :) But I don't think the two groups are in competition, they both produced excellent freeware models, I love them both. :)

I prefer the new Flightcraft model. My main reasons are the VC and the shape of the nose. The Simubuild nose seems too pointy IMO. I however, am not a model designer but do have my preferences and the Flightcraft A340 is just that, my preference. To each his own :)Both are very nice though and I believe that posts like this are very unnessecary(sp?). Nothing good can really come from it. It is a matter of personal preferance and no doubt this thread will probably turn into a mud slinging contest. I hope it doesn't, but from a past "mud slingers" point of view, namely me (I have since grown up since then), it is my opinion that it is inevitable.Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

IMO, for screenshots, the Simubuild one seems better (although I'm limited to my one livery :( ). However, being primarily a low-and-slow-single-engine sightseer, I feel much more at home in Flightcraft's Virtual Cockpit.

>accurate. But, Flightcraft's model is more frame rate >freindly compared to Simubuild's, which is a big plus for >people with bad systems like me. So I use both. I like them Which is exactly why Flightcraft decided to make some design compromises.They set out to create something that looked good and still can perform on a mediocre system.>both, but if I HAD to choose one it would be the Simubuild >one. :) But I don't think the two groups are in competition, >they both produced excellent freeware models, I love them >both. :) Quite right. Also remember that Flightcraft exists and Simubuild does not. Comparing the two is useless because the Simubuild model no longer exists (except for those who downloaded it in the day or so it was online).Now if people can only refrain from flaming Flightcraft into destruction maybe we can get on with life.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Who said we don't exist? :) We most certainly exist, we've just been temporarily gone fixing some issues. :)Cheers,http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d7145131ac176a9.jpgAA RULES!!! :)Download my semi-photoreal AA 757!:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=16882Aerolineas Argentinas A330-200 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR.../posky332ar.zipChrome AA 767 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR...osky767aaV1.zipDominicana de Aviacion 727-53C NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyRepaints/dom722.zip______________________________"Whenever you find yourself in the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect" - Mark Twain

Listen you GOOFS!!Be thankful you have 2 to choose from and they were both free!!!!Keep your comments to your selves!!! If you don't like one over the other so be it! Do you always have to start such foolish posts!!!WAYNE

SimuBuild has made an incredibly detailed visual model and flight model which is why it is one of the best.FlightCraft has made an incredible VC which is why it also one of the best. I can't make up my mind. IF I want to make a porper flight from A to B then I take FC because of the VC and panel. IF I want to mess around and take pics or fly from outside view then SB.Take careMike

Guest Timbo

Nothing wrong discussing the pros and cons of two models as long as it doesn't turn into mud slinging. If a group can't handle hearing cons to their own model, they shouldn't be releasing their planes.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:www.fsworldonline.com/~timsfsstudio]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated August 31st!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Guest Lionel Goh

I totally agree with Tim.I personally prefer the SB model.

In all honesty folks, I think both models have pros and cons and based on that, this is what I have concluded so far!1. The Simubuild model has better flight characteristics which seem to be more in tune with how the A-340 behaves in flight. The flightcraft A-340 seems to have an exagerated nose down attitude during the approach phase, all while operating flaps, speed, and altitude right on the numbers. I like the smoothness of the Sim,ubuild model. Here, the Simubuild model wins.2. The Flightcraft visual model seems to be better than Simubuild's and I love the fact that the elevators do not look like F-14 Tomcat elevators ready to deploy from an aircraft carrier when trimmed too much. That's the one thing I hate the most about Simubuild's visual model - it looks very unrealistic. I like the crispness and the detail of the flaps, airbrakes, doors, etc.. that the Flightcraft model has - nice job folks. Here Flightcraft wins.3. On the Simubuild model, when you look backwards, the engines look like they are not running when in fact they are. The Flightcraft model does not have this problem, but when you look at it from the tower view, three of the engines look empty inside. Here they both even each other out.4. I like how Simubuild modeled the leading edge flap deployment. Looks more realistic that Flightcraft and when you look at the wing, the leading edge flaps look deployed. In the Flightcraft model, you have to look hard to realize they are deployed. Simubuild wins. I will continue to test both of these fabulous models. I really appreciate Simubuild and Flightcraft's hard work to make our hobbie a much better one - without you folks, this hobbie would be nothing. Thanks a million!One question! Are both of these models GMAX models or something else? Just wondering!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.