Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

DF Cardinal ?? mmmmm mixed thougts

maybe its just me or something maybe screwy with my system but it seems to me this plane really eats cpu time! is it just me??i get about 15fps out the front 2d then if i switch to any 2d side views it drops to about 6-7if i go to vc i top out at 6 avg 5.5man anyone else??oh athlon 1.33 gig with geforce 2 GTS 32megs and 512 DDR on mobooh i get a lot of popping noises if i have the gps open in the vc mode but ok if any other mode.??ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Brian,Wow, those are some really low frames! I have not experienced this problem, as the fps hit on the Cardinal is comparable to the Archer, for me that is. Yet, I do not know what your base average is for frames. IE: what are your settings & what is the comparable fps for another add-on aircraft or default ?I have not tested out the DF GPS yet, so it may have something to do with that, but I suspect that it is a system specific issue that you are experiencing.Have you tried the basics yet ? Such as a re-boot, then if still no good, a re-install ?Cheers,Roger

Guest KenG

Hmmm, I've got about half the CPU power as you and get equal or better performance. As mentioned, I get about the same performance as with the Archer. Also, I don't get any more popping sounds than is normal with every other plane because I use a Soundblaster Live and WinXP.

Guest flightpro08

While the Cardinal does eat up frames a bit, I couldn't say I've experienced that large of a drop. Try de-fragging your hard drive and delete your FS002.cfg file (located in your MAIN FS2k2 directory. FS2k2 will build a new one next time you start the program and all you have to do is reset your settings.) One extreme thing you might consider doing is upgrading your video card. You can find GF4 Ti4200s around $120 bucks.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Spot view should be the biggest fps killer of all. By keeping reflections off, I see no impact off of my target fps...P3/80098SE256 MegsGeF 2/Ti800x600x32