Sign in to follow this  

How can I get rid of the engine couling on Cardinal?

I have to be honest I really do not like the coulings on the Archer or the new Cardinal and would rather do without them. They - for me anyway - spoil what are marvellous panels. I just cannot stand those jaggies up front.Is there a way I can be rid of them please?regardsRichard

If using the virtual view, use shift enter and shift backspace to move the panel/cowl view. I run in higher reslutions and don't suffer from jagged cowls anyway.

Richard - You can use any of a number of graphics programs, including Paint, to modify the panels .bmp files which contain the cowling. Make a backup copy of the relevant .bmp files in the panel folder and then just paint over the cowling with pure black (r=0, g=0, and b=0) which is transparent in FS2002. This is a really simple process and, as you can always retrieve the backups you made first, foolproof. I have changed the Archer as I really disliked that one, but I'm still trying to decide on the Cardinal :-) .Trip

If you're talking about the 2d panels, open the bmp's in the panel folder in MS Paint, and simply paint over the cowling in the color black. Be sure to backup the original bmps first. I've done this with the landing panel--it opens up a better view on approach for me. Here's what the end result looks like:

Thank you all very much for help, I shall give it a go.regardsRichard

A novice question -- is it also possible to edit or blank out the N number on the 2D panel? Sort of a distraction when you're flying a repaint with a different registration.

Well yes that is possible.But be careful, do not paint with pure black (RGB = 0, 0, 0) because everything which has that color will be transparent (invisible). And you would have to make another panel for every single repaint... A maybe bit better solution would just be a gauge which shows the actual tail number.Good luck :-)Etienne

Thank`s for the tip guy`s. Just done it, and it is really that easy. Best regards S.Jensen

Not really. If you just blank out the existing registration you don't have to have a different panel bitmap for each repaint :-)