Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Realism Levels

just woundering what realism levels you guys use ... and also what plane u fly most nw1.gifTim Quayle Northwest Virtual Airlines et al - MSP

I usually fly on the hard setting. Occasionally, if I have problems with my ham-fistedness overstressing a plane too easy, I'll turn off "aircraft stress causes damage". If I'm feeling extraordinarily lazy, I'll fly helicopters on medium realism. I go through phases on aircraft. For a while I was spending a lot of time in the default c172 and c182. Before that, it was Daviator's Stearman. Right now I'm on a Carrier kick, flying Dean Reimer's Hornets and Rick Sasala's Navy planes.

I've usually got it on "custom". I try to use the most realism possible, but sometimes that's not possible & I'll make it a little easier on myself ;). I fly Project Airbus' A320 almost exclusively, along with Simubuild's A345/A346 and Nick Botamer's ERJs w/ Bill Grabowski's ERJ panel.

Guest Eagle92395

On any prop plane I like to fly on full realism. On the jets, I just slide the yaw/drifts and the gyro down a bit so autopilot can do it's thing.

Everything on full realism but i check 'ignore crash' especially when online.

At least when I fly props I do NOT use full realism. After some real flights in C152/172 and a Katana I got a new view of this: because torque effect etc are much too strong.EtienneBTW - Taxiing is totally unrealistic in FS2002 - as well as the elevator trim...

I do use 100% realism for everything. IMO--- the torque effects are nearly right on when using rudder pedals. Same for taxiing. If pedals arn't used, then the sim is "squirrley"! For trim, I also use buttons on my joystick just like electric trim. Not quite as easy to get the perfect final adjustment as on a real plane, but not too bad either.L.Adamson

is the torque in the 182 realastic it seems way to powerfullnw1.gifTim Quayle Northwest Virtual Airlines et al - MSP

>is the torque in the 182 realastic it seems way to >powerfull >I'm using a modified air file from Rob Young (RealAir Simulations) for the 182. It just about perfected the right amount of right rudder needed to takeoff and climbout. But--------- the amount needed with default still isn't all that much. Like I said, the "feel" with my rudder pedals is quite realistic. Of course it's been a week since I've flown a real Cessna and it was only a 172SP. My comparison brain waves could be fading by now! :) L.Adamson

>Of course it's been a week since I've flown >a real Cessna and it was only a 172SP. My comparison brain >waves could be fading by now! :) Hehe, same here :-)! I was flying a C152 last Saturday, my 2nd Intro flight. Yay, my 1st landing w/o any instructor having his fingers at the controls! He was only 'chatting' with the ATC ;-). Was really great.Etienne

>>Hehe, same here :-)! I was flying a C152 last Saturday, my >2nd Intro flight. Yay, my 1st landing w/o any instructor >having his fingers at the controls! He was only 'chatting' >with the ATC ;-). Was really great. >Well--- good!!!Did you know............ you'll always wonder if your instructor has his/her (I had both) feet on the rudder pedals, until you "solo"! :)L.Adamson