Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Need help deciding which Lago scenery product to get...

I'm gonna get either Emma Field or FS Scenery Enhancer - which one do you think will give me the best overall enjoyment?? I really like the idea of being able to have much better representations of my home airports (KTUS and KPHX) but I hear Emma Field is an extremely good place for flying my shiny new DF Cardinal out of... Thanks!Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Lindy

If those are the only two choices you are giving yourself, I'd go with the Scenery Enhancer as it would be the more versatile of the two. However, you COULD get the FS SoundScapes program instead (or WITH FSSE) and add "Emma Field" like sounds to ALL your favorite sceneries.I have FSSS and it is money well spent, IMO.-Lindy :-wave

Could you perhaps show me some screens of how KPHX and KTUS look using FSSE?? Email them to me at TabsAZ@aol.com if you've got time...Thanks a bunch!Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Lindy

Sorry Ryan.... I would if I could, but I don't have FSSE. I based my opinion on the fact that FSSE is a general utility useful for enhancing already existing sceneries (and required in order to use 3rd party sceneries created with FSSE), and Emma Field is simply an addon scenery, albeit, a very GOOD and innovative addon.I DO however have the SoundScapes program, and sounds added to my sceneries definitely boosts the immersion factor for me.Perhaps someone who does have the SceneryEnhancer program will see your post and send you (or post) some screenshots.Good luck with your decision.-Lindy :-wave

Guest Reddog

Just looked in my scn folder for FSSE and someone has done up KPHX so when I fire up the sim will go there and take some screenies for you. Couldn't find anything listed for KTUS but a lot of the files by airport name and not the identifer so whats the name of it.http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/696983.jpgSceenshots and Pics athttp://comunity.webshots.com/user/reddog18951USMC Retired

Guest daves0

There were a couple of recent threads on FSSE as well...with pics...What I've seen of the images so far looks pretty good. I actually just bought FSSE, FSSoundscape, and Georender1...and bought EMMA previously...mainly because I do bush flying...EMMA has sound files..but they are sometimes out of place..such as during final you can hear birds..engine howling, etc...1500feet in the air..loud birds, and some owl sounding noise..also wolves howling..but it doesn't seem right to hear them when you're in the air...on the ground--yes.EMMA is pretty nice, but I've seen some Free sceneries that are as good. It does have mesh with it that improves the appearance of the area. Definitely better than the default/.Georender1, IMO, is a bit lacking...although I just tried it...supposedly the objects change, etc..plus there is a sound file for it..but you need FSSoundscape as well... The trees are really terrible...but I have not downloaded any of the new trees that are availble...not sure if they would change the look of the Lago trees or not....they are the 2 flat planes that have a tree texture on them intersecting to look as if they have bulk--real bad IMO

I think I'm gonna go with Emma - I wasn't all that impressed with the screens of PHX and TUS... Emma will give me a good place to fly the Cardinal ;)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Products like FSScenery Enhancer and FSSound Scape are try before you buy, so you can give them a good workout before deciding.Mathijs

Get them both and throw in the new Soundscape program too! You WON'T be sorry! The first day you get Emma, you probably won't even fly. There is too much to see there. The other program (FSSS) Soundscape is GREAT! You can add sounds into your existing sceneries. I am including in all my future releases (started with Kodiak 2002)the file of sound I add in. You'll need that program to hear them. The (FSSE) Scenery Enhancer will let you add little things into your existing sceneries. Again, I will be including files for those in my sceneries also. Between those little add-ons and sounds, LAGO has made the FS world more realistic. You won't be sorry and the prices are very good. Well worth it in my opinion. I think more designers will be doing this in the future. At least I hope they do. Makes it an inhabited planet now!Don Moser