Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

Can't download anything from avsim.com

I wonder why I'm not able to download anything from avsim library. I mean nothing at all, literary. This is nothing about busy servers, I checked they are "busy" 24h for me. All this started about a month ago. Should I pay a fee? Please, help! Thank You. P.S. Parameters in my browser are the same as before when everything was O.K.

Want to bet you installed a firewall or set a security setting somewhere along the line? The library is working fine so it has to be on your system somewhere. You must set your settings to allow AVSIM as a trusted site. Go back and look at what you may have changed 30 days or so ago, and the solution is probably there.

I had the same problem start about three days ago. If I click on most of the links on the AVSIM home page, the ones that that go to another web site, the "here" icon turns red, the hourglass icon comes on but nothing further happens. If I click on one of the "here" icons that stays within AVSIM, (like going to the "Bear's Picks" site), then that click will get me to the site. However, if I try to download one of "Bear's Picks", the link will not work. To the best of my knowledge, I have not changed anything on my computer in the last month. Does anyone at AVSIM no how to get into Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 to find out what might be causing the problem?Buzz Jameson

I can't download anything either. Only my problem is slightly different. I can get to any web page but in the library there are no download links. None! What a trip! I'm gonna check my firewall just to be sure but I don't think that's the problem.

Ken, take a look at this post in our file library forum on problems downloading files when using Norton Internet Security:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID4/147.htmlIf that isn't the problem, please post your problem in the file library forum and we can work with it there. Thanks

Guest Matt Johnson

If anyone in the LVCM service area is having troubles, please let your ISP know.