Sign in to follow this  
golfbravo

Anniette, I need your help! :)

Hello, Anniette! I'm George, the guy to whom you sent your lovely Contintal Connection repaint a while ago for Mike Stone's B1900D. Anyhow, that part is quite irrelavent. LOL! I am writing because I need some assistance from you regarding installing your ATR 42-300 textures into my ATR 42-500 folder...I know someone said something about not overwriting prop files, but it has been a while, and I couldn't find the thread with the search I used. SO, my question is: How can I use your fabulous Air Tahiti livery for my ATR 42-500?Many thanx,George

Perhaps I can help, by quoting Anniette's own installation instructions:Copy a texture folder in your directory place it on your desktop then add my texture files to that folderThen over write as it says ,then rename the folder to a new number.Then add that nimber to the listing below where it says [fltsim.x] and texture=x replacing "x" with your number then add the list below to the cfg Then drop the folder in your ATR folder and then Voila !As the Tahiti repaint consists of only two files, its just a matter of copying all the files from one of the other Texture folders into a new folder (I used Texture.tahiti) then overwriting fuselaje.bmp and morro_t.bmp with Anniette's, and creating a new entry in the aircraft.txt file.

Alistair, thank you so much for your help! I will try this before I go to bed, and test the "new" livery tomorrow! Cheers!George

Yes this is all correct ,I am sorry for not anwsering this but I went bed early :)The only real diferance between the two aircraft as Alister said is the Props file and the few fixes that make the 500 so much nicer than the 300.So as I now prefer the 42-500 I have moved all my textures into the 500 folder and deleted the 300 folder and am now waiting for Paco to produce the going to be fantastic 72 :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anniette,As I only have the 42-300 I'm interested as to why you prefer the -500 !Your previous repaints for the -300, can they be applied to the -500 as well ?

Hi Alistair,The 500 Displays the textures neater and seems to have been removed of a few Bugs In the 300 which was Very good But I think Paco used the New one to make a few repairs ?All my 42 textures work with the 300 and 500 but just make sure you put the 500 prop textures into my textures or you get Blanc props.So yes all the textures can be moved and you will need to alter the 42-500 cfg to include the new textures of course :)Hope this is sorta clear and a helpAnniette xxxxxxxxx

Hi Anniette! Well, I tried installing the textures into the -500 folder and followed the same instructions as I would for the -300, including altering the Aircraft.cfg file as required. However, no Air Tahiti ATR42-500 appears in the aircraft list. :( Just the usual house colours. Any suggestions? So far, this is what my aircraft.cfg file looks like for the ATR 42-500:[fltsim.0]JABIndex=1title=ATR42-500sim=atr42 500model=panel=sound=texture=checklists=kb_checklists=checklistdescription=ATR42-500 v1.0 n© 2001-2002 Francisco S

Hi george ,here is mine,Please make sure the Texture folders match the texture name on the cfg ,If you still have troubles then just rename your texture folders and use my cfg here ,because it works for sure :)Hope this helps you Anniette xxxxxxxxAlso I think the Error is in your title line you have two the same :):[fltsim.0]JABIndex=1title=ATR42-500 HOUSEsim=atr42 500model=panel=sound=texture=checklists=kb_checklists=checklistdescription=ATR42-500ui_manufacturer=ATRui_type=42-500ui_variation=Houseatc_heavy=0atc_id=PACOatc_airline=atc_flight_number=[fltsim.1]JABIndex=1title=ATR42-CONTINENTALsim=atr42 500model=panel=sound=texture=1checklists=kb_checklists=checklistdescription=ATR42-500ui_manufacturer=ATRui_type=42-500ui_variation=Continental Expressatc_heavy=0atc_id=atc_airline=Continentalatc_flight_number=132[fltsim.2]JABIndex=1title=ATR42-500 LOTsim=atr42 500model=panel=sound=texture=2checklists=kb_checklists=checklistdescription=ATR42-500ui_manufacturer=ATRui_type=42-500ui_variation=lotatc_heavy=0atc_id=Lotatc_airline=Lotatc_flight_number=[fltsim.3]JABIndex=1title=ATR42-500 DELTAsim=atr42 500model=panel=sound=texture=3checklists=kb_checklists=checklistdescription=ATR42-500 ui_manufacturer=ATRui_type=42-500ui_variation= deltaatc_heavy=0atc_id=.atc_airline=deltaatc_flight_number=132[fltsim.4]JABIndex=1title=ATR42-500 AIR FRANCEsim=atr42 500model=panel=sound=texture=4checklists=kb_checklists=checklistdescription=ATR42-500ui_manufacturer=ATRui_type=42-500ui_variation=Air Franceatc_heavy=0atc_id=Lotatc_airline=Lotatc_flight_number=[fltsim.5]JABIndex=1title=ATR42-500 AVIAONOVAsim=atr42 500model=panel=sound=texture=5checklists=kb_checklists=checklistdescription=ATR42-500ui_manufacturer=ATRui_type=42-500ui_variation=avianovaatc_heavy=0atc_id=I-ATRDatc_airline=atc_flight_number=[fltsim.6]JABIndex=1title=ATR42-500 BRITISH AIRWAYSsim=atr42 500model=panel=sound=texture=6checklists=kb_checklists=checklistdescription=ATR42-500ui_manufacturer=ATRui_type=42-500ui_variation=British Airwaysatc_heavy=0atc_id=atc_airline=SpeedBirdatc_flight_number=132[fltsim.7]JABIndex=1title=ATR42-500 PAN AMsim=atr42 500model=panel=sound=texture=7checklists=kb_checklists=checklistdescription=ATR42-500 ui_manufacturer=ATRui_type=42-500ui_variation=Pan Amatc_heavy=0atc_id=atc_airline=PanAmatc_flight_number=132[fltsim.8]JABIndex=1title=ATR42-500 AMERICAN EAGLEsim=atr42 500model=panel=sound=texture=8checklists=kb_checklists=checklistdescription=ATR42-500ui_manufacturer=ATRui_type=42-500ui_variation= American Eagleatc_heavy=0atc_id=atc_airline=Americanatc_flight_number=132[fltsim.9]JABIndex=1title=ATR42-500 FedExsim=atr42 500model=panel=sound=texture=9checklists=kb_checklists=checklistdescription=ATR42-500ui_manufacturer=ATRui_type=42-500ui_variation=FedExatc_heavy=0atc_id=atc_airline=FedExatc_flight_number=132[fltsim.10]JABIndex=1title=ATR42-500 Tahitisim=atr42 500model=panel=sound=texture=10checklists=kb_checklists=checklistdescription=ATR42-500ui_manufacturer=ATRui_type=42-500ui_variation=Air Tahitiatc_heavy=0atc_id=atc_airline=Air Tahitiatc_flight_number=132

Anniette, thank you so much for the list! After reading yours, I think I know where I went wrong. I forgot to add "Air Tahiti" to the "Title" line of the list. ;) I will try that in a minute and see if it works. Thanks for all your help!George

Hi,Here it is, starting to take shape, although still carrying the old 42-500 textures. All textures will be completely new, so it will take quite long before it is released.I just joined the SimuBuild group as aircraft designer, so you can find me there from now on. And here in this forum of course. Paco

Paco,It looks great except for one thing. Those wheels are just too clean.:-lol Sorry, Paco. I'm just kidding, but I couldn't resist. It really looks great, keep it coming.Mike Stone

Paco, that ATR 72 is GORGEOUS!!!!!! You never cease to amaze me! Can't wait to see it with the new textures. Are those remodeled wings? Or ATR 42 wings? Just curious (from that angle it's hard to tell). Anyway, I want to make a quick remark about a subtle difference between the ATR 72-500 and the -200 series. From what I've noticed (after many days of plane-spotting in Nassau), the tail beacon on the -500 flashes white, while on most ATR 42s and 72-200s, they flash red. Of course, some airlines may request otherwise, but that is my perception. Perhaps as a suggestion, you might take that into consideration with the new model. :) Just my 2 cents. Fabulous airplane though, whether or not they have white or red tail beacons!George

Mike,This was the debut, ya can't have dirty wheels during the press pullout! They'd jump on that like, well! ya know I can't say that on this forum!!!:-lolDrag it through a mud puddle on the way back to the hangar, Paco!:-lol

Hi, The outer sections of the wings (outboard of the engines) are taken from the 42- then enlarged and a few items added (some underside which cannot be seen). The wing tips are new. The center section has undergone a major rework.Thanks for the info about the tail beacon. I'll have a look here at LEMD (where the unit I'll try to depict is based). In any case, the colour is not coded in the visual model, and can be changed quite easily in the aircraft.cfg file.Thanks for your contribution.Paco

Paco, Thanks for reading my reply. :) As soon as I learn more about editting .cfg files, I'll hop right to it! I dont know the code for changing beacon colours though. Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me (I'd love to recolour the tail beacon of the ATR 42-500 to white). In any event, keep up the great work with the -72, and if you can spare some time to do it, I'm sure we'd all love to see some more preview pics of it in different angles to tease us some more ;). Take care!George