Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

FS2k2 performance

I just cant figure it out. Every game I have runs great except fs2k2. I ussualy get around 3-5 fps in the air. I dont get it. My system is a pentium4 1.5 gig, 512mgram, geforce4ti4200 w/40,31 drivers. You guys got any tips for me?

Guest Lindy

I agree with you..... that's terrible performance for your system. I have only a lowly P3 700mHz and get much better performance (averaging high teens to 20 fps in the air).My first suggestion would be to turn down (or off) some of your options and see if that makes a difference.Another thing you might try is locking your FR at..... say 20. This will free up the sim's resources for your other options. Then of course there is always the old standby of making sure you don't have other programs running and that you start FS2K2 after a fresh reboot of your system (this is a biggie with me :-) ).Good luck..... you should be kicking butt with your system!!-Lindy :-wave

Press "Q" to mute your sound and see if that boosts your performance. If it does, then its sound card related. I had that problem. Its a long shot but give it a try.

I know this is obvious but have you got your graphics card selected and hardware acceleration turned on in the display settings box. (An even longer shot!)Mark Underwood(Adelaide, Australia)

ok well i played around with the settings a litte. If I turn off multitextureing and reflections i noticed about a 50% increase in fps. I guess thats my problem. I just dont undertsand why fs2k2 is a cpu hog and it really isnt that detailed. I can play il2 sturmovik with everything maxed out and 50 planes flying around, and my fps doesnt drop below 20. Now if I fly into a simflyers airport with a couple ai in it, im down to 3-7 fps. I hope that new engine ms is making for cfs3 is easier on our comps than fs2k2's is and it is used for fs2k4. Anywy what do you guys think?

Guest bones

Also check your system. I'm running a P4 and had similar low performance. Then I found that the graphics card was sharing the same IRQ on the system as the sound card. This is definitely not a good thing.I was able to change IRQ's quite easily. It may simply be a matter of moving the graphic card into another slot..

FalconNg my friend,I was in your shoes a couple days ago. I was running detonator 40's, and you know what? they worked horrible for me. I mean im at a AMD XP 1800MHZ g force 3 256 RAM and I was getting 3-6 frames sitting at KORD, but now that I decided to uninstall Detonator 40's I sit at KORD with 13-16 FPS with everything just about maxed out! I truly hope it helps you as it did me. Please tell me if it works or not, ill be checkin the forum often. :-) Oh and by the way, the drivers I went back to are 29.42, they never failed me ;-) .http://flightsimmers.net/helipad/emacie27/BannerAVSIM.gif

You should be getting 20+ fps...Start by selecting 1024x768x16 and global "medium" display settings under Options/Settings/Display/HardwareMake sure your video card is selected and Hardware acceleration checkedTurn off Anti Aliasing (for now)Turn off the clouds.. and AIIf necessary go back to a well supported display driver release,as mentioned elsewhere..Now, you should have great framerates..increase display settings until you get the right balance..

Bert

Guest jaapverduijn

When everything else fails, search for "PC Booster", buy it and run it. I bought it six months ago, and in a few minutes it optimized my system so much that some default planes went up into the 60's as far as frame rates are concerned. And that's on a Celeron 1000, with back then a Geforce 2 MX 200...Jaap Verduijn.