Sign in to follow this  
michal

Looking for a realistic Corporate jet panel

Can someone steer me in the direction of the most realistic Corporate jet (i.e. Gulfstream, Citation etc.) panel for FS2002? I have the Falcon 50 package, but the GPS just kills the realism for me. I am open to payware. Thanks-twilky

This seems to be the most neglected segment of the FS2002 add on aircraft market. The Fabulous Falcon 50 is literally in a class by itself. Having 17 years and over 5500 hrs in the Falcon 20 I find the Falcon 50 about as real as any FS plane built to date. If you want a better GPS you may have to resort to buying an aftermarket avionics stack. There are a few of them out but I have no experience with them. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...25b2aaaa7ec.jpg

I must say the Falcon 50 is the most realistic panel, and if you were to couple it with the RealityXP avionics, you'd have an unbeatable combination. Although I am not sure if any Falcon's are actually equipped with Apollo avionics, I do know that they're the most realistic GPS and radio stack for FS2002.Scott

>This seems to be the most neglected segment of the FS2002 >add on aircraft market. Absolutely. And I have no clue why. I myself am getting a bit tired of the "heavy" category. :(There has been some activity lately in the light GA aircraft but corporate jets - absolutely nothing.Michael J.

I agree. I would pay for a good Corporate Jet too. I believe the Citation X is the fastest Jet on the market today. Cruise speeds are just below Mach1. That would be great for eating up distance on long flights. A Gulfstream IV or V would be awesome, or even a Lear 60 or Hawker, or Falcon 900 or 2000, the list goes on and on of really great Corporate Jets that could be real moneymakers for developers. I wish someone would grab this corner of the market and build a top quality aircraft to fill it.http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...25b2aaaa7ec.jpg

Guest Scott Campbell

I'd replace my GV and Horizon panels in a second if someone would make realistic ones.I also have no idea why this is so neglected. Maybe we should all start writing to the various companies - PIC team, Lou Betti, etc - to ask if they can come up with some.

Scott,I actually have a good guess why this neglect.Notice the recent proliferation of light aircraft - Archer, Cessna 421, Cardinal, etc - these are many, many times simpler aircraft to recreate than heavies yet the price that is being charged for them is only 1/2 of what heavies cost. On the other hand many of the corporate aircraft are almost equal in complexity to the heavies yet quite possibly the sim market could not bear the price of a heavy to be charged for them. In other words these aircraft are in the worst category as far as pricing/work ratio is concerned. And why is that ? I suspect the majority of casual "wannabe" airline pilots conditioned the market that the price should be somehow related to the aircraft weight. Just watch this forum when someone offers say a full-blown Citation X and tries to charge $50 for it .... ;-)I would however prefer some examples from the lower-end of the corporate jet market - say Citation Bravo or Excel or even Raytheon Premier I - something that could pretend to be my own personal family jet.Michael J.

I too would love one of the smaller biz jets. My machine can't handle the Falcon 50. I trade in realism for smooth performance. Can't stand unsmooth flight! I'd love to see something with the impact of the default 737 but with a better 2D panel, and an ok VC like the default 737s.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I couldn't agree more. I love BizJets more than anything. Since I dont have the talent to make planes, I have often thought about providing the financing for the design of a Gulfstream GV that is of DF / PIC / Flight1 quality.-------------Michael

Guest Scott Campbell

Michael,Perhaps, but since the Falcon was done well and priced at nothing, and the PSS 777 is something like $10-$20USD, I think that a corporate jet could be done for a reasonable price.My personal jet is the Hawker Horizon. It has one of the simplest panels and control systems in the world. It would take someone practically no time at all to make a nice aircraft with a good air file with realistic systems. It took me no time to make my Horizon panel, but it's just old (now really old) gauges.Granted, something like the GV is a lot more complicated, having a HUD and whatnot. Of course it would be really cool to have the FLIR display and TFR and terrain scan display, but I could live without that. But Paul Golding already has a HUD on his lovely MD-80 panel (does he still have that?), and Richard Probst's 727 panel is amazing.Since we do have the Falcon 50, we know it's all doable. It just takes someone wanting to do it bad enough.Corporate Jets, for whatever reason, just get the bum's rush in the flight simming community. As you say, people are either GA wanna-be's, or are GA pilots, or arm-chair airliner captains (although there is nothing interesting about flying an airliner these days. The poor guys are "mere" systems monitors now).There's just so few corporate jets out there, much less panels. Yet there has to be a market. I'd hate to think that everyone's idea of what a corporate jet is is that horrid default Lear in FS (and that may well be one reason people don't want them, crappy flight models like MS's).So how about it panel makers and gauge programmers and aircraft designers? Are you up to a few really nice private corporate panels? A GV, a Horizon, A Citation X, a Falcon 2000? As much as I'd love to fly my 747-400 to Paris for lunch, I think the passenger who paid to go to New York will be slightly irritated. ;-)Oh, and please don't make virtual cockpits! If you do, please have a version without them. That'd be lovely.

>Perhaps, but since the Falcon was done well and priced at nothing, >and the PSS 777 is something >like $10-$20USD, I think that a >corporate jet could be done for a reasonable price.The PSS price is probably based more on potential sales than what it cost to produce.I don't believe a corporate Jet would sell as well as an airliner, but it would take the same amount of time money, and effort to produce. The Falcon was done very well, but we would wantsomething of the sophistication level of PSS, PIC or DF (ie advanced avionics, FMS etc). That's a different ballgame IMO.That probably is the real reason no-one has taken on such a project commercially yet. People generally have a much greater fascination with Airliners than corporate aircraft.The Airliners give the developer the biggest bang for the buck. The smaller GA aircraft aren't as difficult to produce so its worth it to produce them.At this time I think one would have to charge more $$ for a corporate Jet at the PSS,PIC, DF level. Because your sales wouldn't be as good. But lot of people might not buy it at the higher price; if so then its probably not worth it to develop at all.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

So now we know (per Peter Sidoli's statement) that Real Air Simulations is working on payware Citation CJ1 jet. The stuff that comes from their 'factory' is top notch so this is certainly a very good news for those waiting for some biz jet.Michael J.