Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Fs 2004 Transition? Prepare to Use Gmax

ATTENSION ALL FLIGHT SIMMERS.......CALM DOWN!. We can complain all we want but the fact still remains even if MS converts to a totally ne engine. WE ALL will be waiting in line to purchase the product . It is now not a hobby but an obsession

Hi, "Of course, this also means that we probably won't be able to resist buying FS2004 "It's depend of each person, Those who are already happy with the sky of fs2k2, weather, atc, scenery, cfs2 terrain engine, gforce 2 max capability, will stick with fs2002.Those will want the new weather system, realsitic sky color, latest feature on video card, improved ATC,AI, new scenery engine,interactive scenery, more detailed airports, more photo real, more detailed city, improved autogen, tons of new eyes candy, more virtual cockpit, new aircraftm, new 3rd party capability not available in fs2k2, etc etc will buy fs2004.Just to add fs2002 will be out of date in graphics compare to fs2k4, like all previous Msfs version.We are now in 2002 not 1998, Those old object and some graphics have to change, unrealistic old 2d object have to change, keeping old "comodore 64" stuff will simply degrade Flight Sim Realism .ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Well, that's what happens anytime when a new technology makes an old one obsolete.When the CD was released many people complained that it was incompatible with their existing record players (not kidding).When FS2002 was released there were complaints that not all FS95 and FS98 addons worked anymore (and not all FS2000 addons, especially those that hacked around the open APIs as described in the SDK).You can never please everyone...For me, I might skip this version. I have a tendency to do that anyway (darn FS2002 for being so good or I'd have skipped that :-) ).

Guest Tim13

Well, I'm not going to search for it, but I thought that I read early on that the game/scenery engine for CFS3 was for only CFS3 and would not be used for future versions of MSFS as had been done in the past. Does anyone else recall this?Tim13

Yea, I thought I heard that a while ago as well.For Chris Willis: You seem to know quite a bit about FS2004. Can you tell me if MS solved that banding problem with the sky?I also agree with Peter's statement, I wait for the 3rd party stuff to start coming out before upgrading.

Eric 

Boy do you speak the true Chris !The scenery SDK for FS2004 needs to be out 6 months to a year BEFORE the actual product is released.FS2004 sales will go nowhere fast without freeware and commercialware support.I am all for progress, but please get those SDK's out Microsoft !Allen

Guest cwright

Allen, it's almost as if Microsoft read my post! They have recently stated they will release the CFS3 terrain SDK in spring 2003, a mere six months after release. That should give us some idea of what to expect in FS2004. Best regards, Chris