Sign in to follow this  

TCAS and Multiplayer

Hi:Has anyone figured out how to integrate the TCAS gauge by Bill Morad into a multiplayer, online mode? It works well for default AI, though it would be great if we could use it online during multiplayer sessions.Alex CN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Jose:Had that program, but forgot all about it. Thanks for reminding me!Alex CN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

I've tried AIBridge and it kicks SB out of the MP session. I start the MP session FS2002, then start AIBridge, then SB, or even if I start the MP session, then SB, then AIBridge, still happens. Any suggestions?Bill

Bill, I usually start the MP session, then Host SB/SB, then connect to VATSIM, lastly start AI Bridge. That seems to work well, especially since I have Project Magenta on a second PC (awesome software), so that even if I am flying an aircraft that is not fitted with TCAS, I can see the traffic on the other PC monitor. As far as the multi-player session, as soon as I got my new WinXP machine I started having nightmares with multiplayer, SB unable to find it, wasn't stable when I got into it, AI Bridge just made it worse. It got so bad I couldn't fly on line reliably anymore. The solution as recommended by others was to disable my internet firewall on the WinXP control panel. As soon as I did that, all my multiplayer probs went away completely and permanently. Of course now I have to remember to reset the firewall when not flying on-line to protect my cable modem computer from intrusion. I don't know if you've tried that option, but it sure fixed me up.chris (PHNL)

HiI don't know why people prefer TCP/IP multiplayer. Personnaly I always use IPX/SPX. Less questions, quicker to connect. Try that and see if it works with enabled Firewall. With this protocol my Firewall only detectes one outgoing connection nothing more but I don't use wideFS.Jos

Jose,My network connection uses IPX from my host WinXP/FS2002 computer to my client/SB computer, and it works extremely well using WideFS. Now if I can figure out how to turn off the firewall...Bill