Sign in to follow this  

Need help with murphy duck

I downloaded the murphy duck textures, but didn't see a readme file to tell how to install. I extracted the folder to my aircraft duck folder, but it doesn't show up in FS. Do I have modify a cfg file or something?

Guest Heather 636

Sorry about that John. It didn't occur to me that I had omitted that small detail of "instructions" until AFTER I had uploaded it.When you extract the zip file into a temporary folder, you will end up with a folder titled "texture.murphy"Place this folder into your FS2002/aircraft/grumman J2F-6 duck folder.Now you will have to edit your aircraft.cfg file. Open it with notepad.The first selections you will be seeing is which "texture" or livery selections. Scroll down to the end of the last section of (flightsim.##)Cut and past the following into your aircraft.cfg file right after whatever the last flightsim # is. If you have installed the patch, it will be (flightsim.13)(fltsim.14)title=Grumman Duck-Murphys Warsim=grumman duckmodel=panel=ser1sound=texture=murphykb_checklists=grumman duck_checkkb_reference=grumman duck_refatc_id=N4242Hatc_id_color=0xff000000ui_manufacturer=Grummanui_type=Duckui_variation=Murphys War (Panel A-2)description=The Grumman Duck, or Navy J2F-6. The first was XJF-1, a Grumman amphibian that first flew in May 1933. From then, up to and through WWII a number of them were built ranging through series JF- and J2F. atc_heavy=0atc_airline=atc_flight_number=33587Also, where you see "panel=ser1", that is telling FS to use panel #1. You can use ANY of the other panels by changing that ser1 to 2,3,4,alt1,2,3,or 4.Hope this hasn't bee too confusing. I paint better than I write instructions.Be sure to change these "( )" to brackets.[/b]

Thanks Heather for your quick reply.It worked! Your instructions were just fine.Now I can fly like Murphy. I just need to find a U-boat now. :(