Sign in to follow this  

FS 2002/Windows XP Shut Downs and Dumps!!!!

I have a dual boot Win 98/XP system. Win XP appears all ok except when I run Flight Simulator 2002. The FS itself runs well and is very stable BUT whenever I shut it down, it closes normally to the desktop but 2 secs later Windows shuts down. It reboots with a full blue screen:"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut downDRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Followed by instructions to update drivers, change hardware etc etc.I have reformated and re-installed several times, removed my modem and disabled the on board sound, changed graphics cards [GE Force 2 Ultra, Ge Force 4 TI4400] and monitors and set my Mobo BIOS to the "safe" setting. All to no avail, whenever I close 2002, it shuts to the desktop and 2 secs later Windows shuts down.V grateful for any help in any direction.

Guest gasebah

I have no idea if that helps. But I had exactly the same message when my harddisk died and some windows system files got corrupted.Alex

Just how much RAM do you have installed? If above 512MB, try removing a stick or two of RAM to get it to 512MB and see if your problem goes away.

I had this message with some faulty memory I had installed into a new system. I believe there are many causes, however. You might go to the MS knowledge base site (search at microsoft.com), that's what I did. What have you changed recently (hardware or drivers)?Bruce.

I'm not positive but my first impression when I see that Error is that you have an IRQ confict. Have you added or changed any hardware lately? Normally if you know what devices are causing the confict you can go into the bios and change the IRQ settings for the device. Just a thought.

Many thanks - all now solved. BUT it was 2 separate problems:1. Avance on-board sound driver needed updating.2. One of my 128 RAM sticks was duff in Bank O.Each on its own caused a crash and dump!!!