Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

FS crashing on exiting...

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, over the past two or three weeks I did not play much FS, but when I did I could observe that it seems to be crashing on exiting back to desktop with unusual frequency. In the past, it almost never crashed or even locked up entirely, but now I have the impression that it is happening more often than ever before. It mostly happens after a longer flight - sometimes when exiting back to the menu after landing, sometimes when trying to exit the game back to the desktop - and will always result in the send/don't send dialogue. I also have the impression that it seems to happen only with specific airplanes with a high grade of detailing in one way or another. That, however, is unusual, since my 'puter is certainly not a lamer (Athlon 1400, Win 2000 Pro, 512 megs of RAM, 100 gig HD split into three partitions with FS being installed on the third one, which has 28 gigs) and handles even hi-detail planes such as Simubuild's and PA's Airbuses reasonably well. However, I'm running both RivaTuner in order to apply some of the famous graphics tweaks which have been discussed here frequently, as well as Cacheman.Any suggestions welcome!

Guest PhilC

Interesting....I've had FS crash on exit with greater frequency over the last few weeks also. I never have a problem when running MSFS so I sort of ignored it. I also feel that it may have something to do with the complexity of the last aircraft I was flying.The only things I can recollect doing, besides the few aircraft and sceneries I have installed, is disabling AGP Texturing in DXDiag and installing a newer version (2.89 and then 2.891) of FSUIPC. Disabling AGP texturing made such a difference in framerates on my system that I would live with it crashing only on exit.Anyone have any ideas?

Guest Raptor40

I don't have answer to this thread but I am in the process of looking for an answer right now. During the last few weeks I have been experiencing CTD with the send error report to MS when exiting. It has happened with short flights and long flights in different parts of the world, and sometimes in the middle of the flight. I have re-built the FS2002 CFG, re-installed the default AI Flightplans, and still I get the error message.May this have anything to do with seasonal changes described by some users of ACOF?I'm running P4, 1.6G, 512RAM, XPHome.Thanks

Guest Shocky

Hey raptor, I experienced the same thing a few days ago, also in the middle of the flight and all over the planet.Go to www.simflight.com/fsw and go to the forum, there is a sticky topic about the seasonal CTD, download the new terrain .cfg that is included in that topic and replace it with your old one.All my problems were gone with the wind. :-)goodluck with it :-waveshocky :-hahEUROPE UNITED"Can you hear them? my 1000 words..."

Guest Raptor40

Hey Shocky,Thanks for the tip. Tried it still no go. I read a post about some people having issues with PAI aircraft. I recently installed several of those. I'll do some checking to see if AIA has something similar to replace them with.Any other ideas would be appreciated.Thanks again.

Well, let's hope that all our CTD might be cured with an FS9 patch.J.J.

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI