Sign in to follow this  

Windows XP Service Pack 1 and FS2K2 crash on load

Anyone else here picked up the XP SP1 from MSDN and found that now FS2K2 reports that traffic.dll is incompatible on load and then (whether clicking OK or CANCEL to load it) promptly drops back out to the desktop?Uninstalling SP1 fixes the problem immediately...Take care,P

Guest WorkingStiff

Has Windows XP SP-1 been released?

No, I don't believe SP1 has yet been publically released. I was surfing around on my MSDN account and found it in the subscribers download area. I was just curious if anyone else who has had a preview look at it has had any similar experiences.Wouldn't be the first thime that MS produced something that broke something else.I'll have to see if this is one of those reinstall-and-it works things. Of course, that's a royal PITA if you have all the ProjectAI stuff and a boatfull of liveries installed...Guess it's off to the bug report zone .Take care!P

reinstalling fs 2k2 does nothing to help the problem. it seems m$ are gonna have get a patch out quickly. this had to happen to me only a month after getting the game to :(

Man,Thanks for the warning, I have had nuttin but trouble with getting XP to work right period and this is on a new machine. Last week I went out and replaced my HDrive and reinstalled WINXP with NTFS and so far it has been working the best of seven other re-installs on another HD...I was having a problem with mshtml.dll errors which would crash my IExplore sessions so far I have had only two errors.I am almost afraid to install the critical updates for fear that I will break it......YES someone CALL MICROSOFT MSFS 2002 tech support and tell them first then call the WINXP support line...I won't install SP1 if they dont mention that they have addressed this MSFS problem on the download page.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

The conflict between XP SP1 (beta) and FS2002 has been fixed and will not appear in the final released version of SP1.

Hi, Those will have illegal serial number or duplicated serial number from orignal copy with XP after installing servive pack 1, you will not longer to start win Xp and you will have to format your hard disk, I will try to find the web site thats contains all illegal serial number, EVEN if you have bought Xp in store , there is a list of Serial number are simply banned after installing the servive pack 1 and it's can be your's copy, you will not able to start Win Xp anymore after installing service pack 1,you will have to format and installing xp with another serial number thats are not in the banned list and after you will able to install servive pack 1.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Beta versions do funny things like that :-) . The final release isn't yet posted at MSDN and won't be until 9 September (same date as the public release).Trip

K, nice to know they managed to fix it.Course, time will tell ;O)I'll drop a note on this thread on the 9th when I've installed the release version.Happy Trails!

Guest emergency_pants

I know... lets all install various pre-release versions of service packs and create a PANIC because it screws up FS2002... amongst other things. heehee. Only kidding, excuse the sarcasm... but I really do believe its worth waiting for a verified product before installing it into a system.I'm confident that the final service pack release will be fine. (crumbs, I could be eating my words here, couldn't I!!! And my hat... and my shoes... and.... etc etc etc)Simon.

Greetings,Well, I figured it was a legit question. I would have expected that the download from MSDN 5 days before the GA release would have been something better than a pure beta and more of a release candidate with the beta's incorporated bugfixes.Course, look at who I'm talking about ;>Time will tell.Take care!P

I installed a beta version of XP Service pack about 5 weeks ago and I also got the traffic.dll error, heres how to fix it, well worked for me anyway ;-)Go into your FS2002 folder and locate the fs2002.exe file, right clik on it, go to compatability tab and check the box that ays "Run this program in compatability mode for" and select Windows 2000, apply that and then try and start up your FSLet me know how you get on :-)Bill