Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Is there an autothrottle fix?

Don't get me wrong, I love Paul Golding's new Bac-111 panel. It's great with the PF 111s and with David Maltby's 111s. Is there a simple way I can add an auto-throttle to it? It just would make life on Fs2k2 so much more relaxed!Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Of course, BUT, after going to the trouble of making at least a little realistic, I'm not going to be the one to tell you how to change it..........does that sound mean? I hope not!After all, even with the fairly basic AP it does have, you can have it do everything for you apart from control the throttle. So I don't think it's too much work really, do you?By the way, try an ILS approach and watch it autoland, all you need to control is the speed, flaps and gear. Although autoland isn't really a feature of the 1-11, it goes to show how well balanced the air file is - not to mention putting paid to all the MS bashing over their AP functions :-)All the best,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Hear Hear! Well said Paul - I think the presence of an autothrottle would have been a sad departure from reality. Talking about the flight model, I notice that with roughly neutral trim on take-off, full fuel and the full load aircraft.cfg, it still seems mighty responsive in roll. Is this a genuine flight characteristic of the 1-11?As a rather curious aside, I used to work at EGKK in the mid-70's for the company that had the cleaning contract for all of Dan Dare's aircraft as a student holiday job. I spent many nights sitting in 1-11 (and 707 and Comet 4) flight decks, supposedly cleaning them but really studying the instrumentation. Back then, I had no idea what any of it did - but Oh! for the opportunity now. I'd be hard pressed not to at least try an APU start ;-)AndyEGTR

But then you may as well watch television. Surely, the beauty of FS2K2 is being able to recreate so many different types of aircraft as they really were. You've got autothrottles on all the planes that have them, after all. Well done, Paul, for giving us the real thing. I suppose you had to fit the GPS ... but I've poured coffee into mine.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Fair enough, Paul, you make an excellent point. Out of curiosity, a book I have on the 111, The One-Eleven Story by Richard J. Church, does refer to an auto throttle in the chapter on flying the 111. Perhaps, later models were outfitted with one?A good point is made by all of the above, that this hobby permits us to see what it was like to fly earlier generation jets and prop planes. It is certainly eye opening to fly one of FS Berlin's DC-4s after cruising around in a PSS airbus.I am not upset. I find this discussion really interesting and a sign of just how thoughtful and creative our freeware and payware designers are.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090