Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

St Marteen update

Found this in todays upload:"Scenery for the island of St Maarten in the Netherlands Antilles, designed with Lago's FSSE and Landclass Assistant. Adds Houses, Palm Trees, Spotters, Boats in the Harbour and all things essential to provide the atmosphere of atropical holiday destination! Intended to work alongside St Maarten 2002 by Chris Kilroy and Thomas Lorentzen and Island of Saint Martin Terrain Mesh by Orlando Sotomayor. I recommend Gerrish Gray's Autogen Buildings for Latin America also! Lago's FSSE (payware) is ideally required, however the landclass update will work regardless."This is NICE! I added all the goodies he suggests in here and that is one nice little place to fly. I happened to see pics of this update yesterday and when I went to the bookstore yesterday, there was an article about the airport in one of the Airliner mags. Pretty cool! This scenery even has the sign that appears on the beach in the real pictures of the airport. Nice little package. I just flew the YEO-Designs NEW 737 around the island and did one of those fence-hugging approaches to land. I like it. Very nice indeed. This is my THANK YOU to all the authors for their part in making this a successful scenery.Don Moser

I second that.This is one of my favourite places to fly, particularly with St. Barts so close for GA and small liner work. I've been using the Princess Juliana scenery for some time and this latest enhancement is the icing on the cake. Well done, men!However, newcomers beware. Don't confuse your sceneries! Jimmy Martin has done St. Maarten with his semi-fictional approach (Worship VA, etc.) and the two sceneries definitely don't mix - you'll find aircraft wedged in the terminal, etc. Now we have the payware Caribbean scenery too; although by all reports there's a lot to be ironed out there. Then there's Toni Agramont's treatment too ... ah well, lots to choose from, at least!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg