Sign in to follow this  
greeneg

FS2002 & Win XP Pro

Is it my imangination or is FS2002 more jerky after upgrading to Win XP Pro? I did a fresh format & installed XP from scratch. I installed FS2002 on the new drive but copied my old FS2002 over the new one. The hard drive seems to access more in XP when I am flying also. Any comments or ideas? Thanks.Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Did you update all your controller chips, sound, and graphics drivers after you did the fresh installation of WinXP? Did you go to Windows Update site, download, and install all the Pre SP1 updates?

All the drivers except the DSL driver are whatever Win XP installed. I have also ran all the XP updates as of Saturday morning.Pat

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

bump

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

You might want to check all of your drivers to make certain that they are current or recent.Win XP in both itererations, likes to install its "approved" drivers which may not really be all that current. Particular issues may be with video and sound card drivers which seem to have had ( atleast for me) an effect on FS2002 performance.Bill knows better than you do. ( Can you spell" payback")Hope that helps.Best RegardsEd Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com