Sign in to follow this  

Approach to low?

Who said MSFS approaches are to low?Northwest flight 39, a DC10 from Amsterdam, just flew over the building I work at and scared the CR#P out of me. I was outside. The cloud cover is 2000 scattered and 3000 broken. Im still 20 miles out from KDTW and he had to be at 2000ft because he was below the cloud cover!

Guest Toni Rauch

Get some Approach Plates for KDTW and check it out.2000ft does sound ridiculously low with 20 miles to run. Are you certain about the cloud cover figures?Toni.

yeah right! When you can count the rivets on a belly of a DC-10 you know he's low! Yes verified the weather with the current metar report.

Guest Jeff S KDTW

Hey Cas -You should be counting your blessings--'cause you saw a DC-10....those things are almost extinct. :-lol ;-)Hope all is well on your side of KDTW. :-)What ever happened to your pilot lessons? Were you able to finish them up?Regards,http://home.earthlink.net/~snyders2000/name.jpg | [LINK:www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?emailsearch=jlsnyder@hdp.com|AIRLINERS.NET PHOTOS] [link:www.biblegateway.com/bgaudio/english/NIV/Max%20McLean/RM/bgaudio.pl?selection=1|AUDIO BIBLE] ] JEFF_S_KDTW@YAHOO.COM[/b

Your kidding right? Im to busy keeping the gas tank full on my boat!

That is reallly low for being 20 back.. the plate for the ILS 21R has them at 6000 16.5 back, 4000 when directed by ATC.FAF crossing altitude is 2300... my guess is he was at 2500 feet, 2000 SCT isn't alot of cloud, and remember, the Metar is what is read at the center of the airport complex, it could be different where you are.Chris

Guest Jeff S KDTW