Sign in to follow this  
Guest united777

Can we start an engine after a mid air failure?

Guest cliff

I've just tried, for the first time, activating a random engine failure. However when the engine eventually stopped the instruments showed no obvious reason for the failure.I couldn't restart it in the air being to busy concentrating on finding an airfield but once safely on the ground I tried again.Despite both priming and using the fuel pump I couldn't get the starter to fire the engine of the new Cessna Cardinal.Does this mean that engines failed by FS2002 can't be started again or simply that I'm still near the bottom of the learning curve?Cliff

Guest Scott Campbell

Cliff,Unfortunately, when MS put in failures, you are required to stop on a fuel box for "repairs" or load another aircraft and reload the one with the failure to make it go away. I've actually had an instance where loading another aircraft didn't fix the failure and that aircraft also had it. The only solution was to find a fuel box.

Guest united777

Hey! Well for starters, is this with those 'alright' Default panels? if so, just hit CTRL+E and let it start up by its self(don't try holding the start knob)NOW, here is what I would do if you had an Engine fire on a Boeing 777(PSS's v2 panel) turn your APU(auxilary power unit-provides hydraulic and PNuenamic power to the plane) (if its an actualy Engine fire do the following1-retard the Thrust lever for the appropriot engine2-turn off the fuel feed knob(those black knobs below each lever) to off3- fire a FIRE BOTTLEif you want to restart from lets say you hit the fuel cut in knob on accident do the following1-APU ON2- turn the AUTO START knob for the specific Engine to START3- once your N2(high pressure compressure) reaches about 20% of N2 power, switch it to on. BUT, make sure you are BELOW 40,000 feet, most of todays APU's don't operate above Fl400(40,000)Now, if you want help in General Aviation planes -cessna's,pipers etc..- you asked the wrong guy ;)hope this helped, if you want more help, send me an email at a500mhz@hotmail.com

Guest cliff

Scott let me understand you correctly. Is a "fuel box" a refueling position at all airports? If so what happens if we'recforced to land in a field?Regards..........Cliff

Guest cliff

Nope. This is the superb new Cessna released a couple of days ago by DreamfleetBut thanks for replying in such detail.Regards............Cliff

Guest Scott Campbell

Cliff,Then it's a really long tow. ;-)(addt'l)I guess I should actually answer the question. Yes, it's the yellow square with the "F" in it at airports.

Guest united777

Hey, no prob! I guess I'll have to learn how to fly these Dream fleet GA planes..one hint, if you are starting out in the FS flying(to then become a real pilot or whatever) start with the default panels. then work your way up or you will learn everything probably wrong. and that IS NOT good.