Sign in to follow this  

REAL AIR SIMULATIONS SF260

Guest oyvindhansen

How is the fps?- Oyvind

Hi Oyvind,You should find frame rates as good as any default aircraft, and that is the case here when we tested it on a few different systems. The Virtual Cockpit is almost the same frame rate as the 2d panels.If you want even smoother flying, turn "gauge quality" to "low" in the Fs2002 display/aircraft menu. Even at "low" quality settings our gauges are still sharper than many aircraft on "high" settings :)Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

Guest oyvindhansen

Thanks, maybe I'll try it out, as I love the Citabria package for FlyII.- Oyvind

Thanks Richard for your generous comments. Much appreciated.Rob

Guest Iain Spowart

Downloaded it last night but unfortunately had to go to work today!Managed a few flights in it tonight and I am really impressed. :-)This is one of the first virtual-cockpits I have seen where I don't need to zoom out or move my eyepoint for a perfect view. Top marks!Iain Spowart,Scotland.http://www.iainspowart.com

Sorry i like props also but i think the 25 Doller usd is to much !!:(

EarthDragon, Whether the $25 is a fair price depends on the pleasure you might get from this craft. I've had only a limited time with it, but can tell you I've gotten immense satisfaction from it. I like the heavy metal on occasion, but the real pleasure of flying for me comes from smaller craft whose flight characteristics seem well modeled, such that I sense a realistic simulation of flight. Boy, does this plane give that in spades. Also, the RealAir team seem to have made Microsoft look really good (but why didn't MS do this well)--the plane is beautiful, lots of eye candy (in vc view, you can open the canopy, see the latch mechanism operate and the reflective canapy slide nicely), all that we now expect. I also just noticed that Rob and team have really done so many details right. In flight, cutting back either the prop control or the mixture results in the correct response of fuel flow. All instruments are sharp and have smooth responses. As far as framerates go, with the Cessna at Meigs, with my setup am getting about 16 fps in vc view--the SM gives maybe 15 or so--maybe 1-2 fps less at most, no real difference in smoothness. And finally, the aerobatic capabilities are exactly as good as their website suggests. I tried the MS Extra a few minutes ago as a comparison--the Extra just doesn't respond logically--it spontaneously reverses spin rotation direction and does other erratic things--ugh! Anyway, if anyone has doubts about the value of this plane, give it a try--it reflects a real labor of love and to me is worth every penny.REB

Guest Iain Spowart

Richard,I wouldn't even mention the Extra 300 in the same sentence as the SF.260! MS probably spent less time on all the default aircraft than RealAir did on the SF! I don't think I've ever seen an ADI as smooth as the one in the SF.260 2D cockpit. This is closer to 'real' than I've ever seen in FlightSim!I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow so I could spend more time flying it! :-)Iain Spowart,Scotland.http://www.iainspowart.com

IainThanks for your comments and I am delighted that you like the SF260I know for a fact that over 2000 hours have been spent in creating this craft.Both Rob and Sean are masters and perfectionists in their trade.We were shocked at the very poor capability of flight models in MSFS and also the gaps and errors in the flight engine capability.Rob has beavered away refusing to give in and using his creative flight modelling capability to bring us this flight model.Quality never comes cheap in dollars or frayed nerves of the developers trying to push the limits of realism.knowing what has gone into this is $25 too expensive??? only the sales will tell.Peter

Hello guys,Following the above discussion about the Extra 300S and the RealAir Simulations SF.260 I think that a picture is better than many words.I tried to execute a spin in both aircrafts doing exactly the same maneuver in the same conditions. This is the result :

Thanks Peter but it was well over 6000 hours all told!Rob

I think it looks great and they did a nice job but i still think its much for 25 but thats just me. have fun with it guys :)

Rob,The works you guys produce are second to none. I truly hope you have the success you deserve from this product.Based on these thread comments alone, it looks like you guys are right on track.The panels are also amazingly "Fly-Like". IMHO, they are the best use of panels in FS2002 that I have seen yet. I especially like the multiple 2D views.Cheers and great work,Allen