Sign in to follow this  

REAL AIR SIMULATIONS SF260

>I think it looks great and they did a nice job but i still >think its much for 25 but thats just me. have fun with it >guys :) Have to disagree with you there. I hate wasting money and this is probably the best 25 bucks I've ever spent on an aircraft sim. Correction... Not probably THIS IS THE BEST 25 BUCKS I'VE EVER SPENT ON AN AIRCRAFT SIM !!AFOX.

HI Shane,We did consider 24.99 which looks better doesn't it, but we didn't want to insult customers' intelligence by pretending one cent less was really less at all.Development took a year's work by two on the team, and the other part time over the year. 6000 hours in total. We feel the price is reasonable for in effect five versions in one, all with individual virtual 3d cockpits, rather than the standard one in most products.The spin routine alone took about 500 hours work, but I hasten to add the Sf260 also cruises with as much stability as any other aircraft you can find.Yes it's slightly more expensive than some addons, but we feel confident you would not worry too much if you flew our pride and joy!Best Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

I've certainly paid more for far less! This plane is just plain (pun intended!) fun to fly, especially with the virtual cockpit and TrackerIR! While there have been fun planes in the past and accurate, complex planes in the past, I can't remember very many fun, accurate/complex planes out there. If I had a hangar full of planes in real life(I wish!), this would be the one I'd take for a fun sunday jaunt. And the spins are every bit as terrifying as they are in real life!As for the price, keep in mind you have a state-of-the-art flight model, several external models to choose from (all well done), good sounds, and one of the best virtual cockpits we've seen yet. I can't think of anything I'd improve on this. Very well thought out and executed!David

Iain,Everytime you post I get sidetracked to the Claymore Cheerleaders website! :-eek I sure hope you get some advertising revenue in return for the support. Can honestly say I never much thought about Scottish women before seeing that site. I'd comment on specific women but I'd be afraid one of them might be your girlfriend or wife or something :-eekCheers!David

Guest Iain Spowart

Everytime you post I get sidetracked to the Claymore Cheerleaders website!David, maybe that's the whole point of the sig! :-lolActually, I get nothing in return from the Claymores for doing the site. However, the squad are big fans since there is very little about them on the 'official' site. It lets them show all their friends who can't come to the games what they do and it provides a nice reminder of the season.I'm just starting an official site for a new squad - the Scottish Rockettes, which is the dance squad of the Scottish Rocks Pro Basketball team based in Glasgow. There isn't much on the site at the moment but the auditions are on Sunday so I'll have photos and videos to put on after that.That'll give you someplace else to get sidetracked to! :-)Can honestly say I never much thought about Scottish women before seeing that site - what about Sheena Easton and Lulu?!!!Iain Spowart,Scotland.http://www.scottishrockettes.com

So let me get this straight, Iain. You actually get to take photos and hang out with these women????? Brilliant, absolutely brilliant (and more than a little lucky too)!!!! Nice work!David

The best ga aircraft addon for FS2K2.Wish I waited before buying some of the rest. The Flight1 421 is the only real compitition.

Robin

Heck....... I'm so impressed with this model that I near screamed after making a perfect slip to a landing!!! Very, very impressive and I flown the real AirCombat aircraft through six dog-fights also!!L.Adamson

Hmmm. Somehow, I'm not at all surprised that you like this a/c......jb

>The panels are also amazingly "Fly-Like". IMHO, they are >the best use of panels in FS2002 that I have seen yet. I >especially like the multiple 2D views. All agreed.Michael J.