Sign in to follow this  

Probst B-727 Panel

This has too be the most realistic freeware panel I have ever seen, Having worked on the 27 for 15 years I have gotten very familiar with its flt. deck, and this panel is something I thought I would never see for FS.Only one problem I am having though, I am unable to adjust the nav/comm freqs. The comm freqs will change automatically with ATC, but trying to change either comm or nav freqs manually doesn't seem to work.When I place the cursor on the tuning knob, I do get the hand with the +,-, and an audable clicking, the freq. will not tune.Any help would just make this great panel better.Thanks, Scott

Guest B52Drivr

Dear Scott,You are so right! This Panel is just t*t's! (no offence ladies, ). I too have had more than my share of experiences in 'two-sevens' and having just finished a three hour flight, doing it by the numbers, like the real aircraft, is something that I too thought would never happen in FS. What a JOY!I just can't imagine how much time the developers have spend to overcome some of the radical autopilot faults of FS panels, and to have one which functions like the real deal, is just overwhelming.I am afraid that the rest of my aircraft in the hanger are going to get a wee bit dusty, cause my livery of 'two-sevens' will get all the flying I can handle.I too have noticed what you are talking about, I overcame this because I have the AeroSoft ACP console and can tune my nav 1 with the turn of a knob, the nav 2 is a bit more difficult. I'm sure there will be a fix for this, as I can't imagine such a wonderful panel living with this simple fault, however; if it never gets fixed, I'll live with it . . .but it is difficult at best. I am very glad now that I bought the Aerosoft console when I did . . .as I never used the radio knobs much, but do have to use them now.Off the subject of the nav switching, how the autopilot works is just enough to put the largest smile on my face, and does away with the built in FS bad habit of NOT capturing an ILS or glideslope . . .my only other complaint is I wish the sound 'glideslope' was a tad louder, but I'm picking nits here . . .this panel is just wondeful, and ITS FREE..............IT SETS A NEW STANDARD FOR PAYWARE DEVELOPERS TO STRIVE FOR.RICHARD PROBST FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Best to all,Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52drivr@aol.com

A fix is not necessary ... just read the manual. Richard points out how to enable radios for people who have problems with older aircraft. If you don't find it, search below ... this was addressed only yesterday, also.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Scott,The FAQ page of the manual will explain how to fix the radios, it just needs a simple edit of the aircraft.cfg file.Clyde

Thanks Clyde,That was easy enough, Thanks for the quick response, now I can get back too enjoying this piece of art.Scott

Hi there,It is possible to edit the rp727_glideslope.wav file which is in the FS2002 sound folder for example with Windows Sound Recorder to increase the volume of the wav to get louder "glideslope" warning...Greetings,Tatu