Sign in to follow this  

Help on the new 727 panel. please..

Hello all, I have a small problem with the Probts 727 panel. When I load the panel the sim crashes. It says "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 was unable to load some 3rd party software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but your 3rd party software will be disabled.File: GAUGESRP727.GAU "when i take the gauge out of the gauge folder i can load the plane and panel, but the gauges do not show up. When I put the gauge back in the folder it crashes again and locks up FS2002. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?Marc

This message is one that usually appears only when you try to load non-compatible gauges into FS2002; such as some that ship with FS2000 panels. You may find, as Drew says, that for some reason your particular file is corrupt; but if not, there's a quick fix if the problem remains for you. Back up your FS2002.CFG file. Now open FS2002.CFG and create a new section (unless it is there already) somewhere near the top of the list. It should read:OLDMODULES (these words to be in SQUARE BRACKETS)GaugesRP727.gau=1That should do it.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

thanks you guys, I will try that to reload it, and if that does not work i will try the fix Mark mention.Marc

Also check that you've got FSSOUND.DLL in the modules directory. You'll get an error like that because the gauge file is calling the sounds and if it cannot find FSSOUND.DLL it'll fall over.AndyEGTR

Guest Crash_Hawk

Get the lastest version of the FSUIPC (spelling?). 2.81-ish. Check the FSSOUND.DLL too (Like the above stated previously ;) )Hope this helps.Crash

Thank You everybody. The problem was I didn't have the FSSOUND.DLL in the folder. Marc