Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

Lago's Emma Field

Guest BMarcoux

Was wondering if anyone is useing this scenery and what you think of it. Am considering purchasing this and FSAssist and wanted to get some info first. Thanks

>Was wondering if anyone is useing this scenery and what you >think of it. Am considering purchasing this and FSAssist and >wanted to get some info first. Thanks Don't mind me because you can hardly call me unbiased:-) But this weekend we'll add the glider update to Emma Field and we are VERY proud of that. It features a air tow launch and a winch launch, both simulated with some precision. The winch launch is a blast (rather literally) and very difficult. The air tow launch is less complex but more fun if you don't like to be send off like a rocket. Haven't flown with en engine for weeks now.I can also point out the product page on our side that lists 5 reviews and the awards we got for Emma Field, but that would be advertising and as such forbidden on this forum.But again, if you buy the product you pay for part of the bread my 14 small kids.... So my opinion should be read with a healthy dose of scepticism. Mathijs KokLAGO

GET IT!!!! (Emma) You'll love it. The first day, you won't even fly. You'll spend it looking around!Don

Guest PhilC

I have to agree. It's one of the best purchases I have made all year. Don is right. Spend the first day slewing around the airport. You'll be glad you bought it.

I was going to ask you Mathijs if you were considering implementing glider ops but you've beaten me to it! Great news and as someone who's been up in a glider a few times, I'm really looking forward to this.

>I was going to ask you Mathijs if you were considering >implementing glider ops but you've beaten me to it! Great >news and as someone who's been up in a glider a few times, >I'm really looking forward to this. The glider module, most probably released this weekend, is mundo cool. It has a winch and an airtow option, all with rather realistic flight behavior (the winch launch is REALLY difficult with some crosswind). To help beginners we added an option to see the thermal areas.Now excuse me, there is a Cessna waiting with engine roaring to drag my glider to 4000'. And yes, you will HEAR the air tow aircaft and yes you will HEAR the unhooking of the glider. Mathijs