Sign in to follow this  
Guest Reddog

goose skins

i am having trouble apply the new goose skins to the orginal a/c. In other words I need help!!!!!!Anyoneasd2002

I spent 20 minutes the other night trying to load the USN42 skin to the goose and could not do it! frustrationby the way USMC, that is a fricking DUCK! not a goose!!!!!!!ggggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the original aircraft.cfg from Mike's Goose:(fltsim.0)title=Grumman Goosesim=goosemodel=panel=sound=texture=panel_alias =sound_alias =kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=NTEPui_manufacturer=Grummanui_type=Gooseui_variation=Privatedescription=atc_heavy=0atc_airline=atc_flight_number=This is the aircraft.cfg from the (updated) USN42 Goose:(fltsim.X)title=Grumman Goose Navy 1942sim=goosemodel=panel=sound=texture=USN42panel_alias=sound_alias=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=Navyui_manufacturer=Grummanui_type=G-21 Gooseui_variation=U.S. Navy JRF-3 1942description=The Goose was developed in the late 1930s for the civil market but went on to have a long military career as well. This rather anonymous U.S. Navy JRF-3 was typical of those in service in early 1942.atc_heavy=0atc_airline=Navyatc_flight_number=21) First extract the files from the zip into a temporary folder. You should end up with a sub-folder called texture.USN422) Move this folder into your Goose folder, so you then have two texture folders.3) Open the original aircrat.cfg file, and paste in the text for (fltsim.X) below the text for (fltsim.0)4) Edit the text to read as follows. I've highlighted the changes:(fltsim.1)title=Grumman Goose Navy 1942sim=goosemodel=panel=sound=texture=USN42panel_alias=sound_alias=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=Navyui_manufacturer=Grummanui_type=G-21 Gooseui_variation=U.S. Navy JRF-3 1942description=The Goose was developed in the late 1930s for the civil market but went on to have a long military career as well. This rather anonymous U.S. Navy JRF-3 was typical of those in service in early 1942.atc_heavy=0atc_airline=Navyatc_flight_number=2If you've added other liveries, you may need to change this to read (fltsim.2) or (fltsim.3) etc.5) Save the altered aircraft.cfg file.6) Start FS2002. Go to load the Goose (Grumman, G-21 Goose) and you should now have 2 liveries to chose from.

Guest Reddog

your problem is with the ur_type= in the original it is ur_type=Goose in the add on it's ur_type=G21 Goose.acurally if you haven't deleted it out it's in the sim but not under Goose but under G21. alot of the addon paints are like this I just change the ur_type= to Goose so they all show up under that when i look at the variations.I found this to be also with a lot of the DeHavilland a/c. Some spell it DeHavilland and some spell it De Havilland. If you don't catch it you'll have a/c in your folder under both names.Hope that helps. http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/631785.jpgSceenshots and Pics athttp://comunity.webshots.com/user/reddog18951USMC Retired

Guest NathanT24

See I am having the same problem I edited the aircraft config right and I added Blackmagic and the USAF and Catalina, well USAF is showing and Catalina is not, and Blackmagic is not shown, I am lost heh. Here is my config file for the goose so far maybe someone can help:[fltsim.0]title=Grumman Goosesim=goosemodel=panel=sound=texture=panel_alias =sound_alias =kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=NTEPui_manufacturer=Grummanui_type=Gooseui_variation=Privatedescription=Enter your description here.atc_heavy=0atc_airline=atc_flight_number=[fltsim.1]title=Grumman Goosesim=goosemodel=panel=sound=texture=CALpanel_alias =sound_alias =kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=N322ui_manufacturer=Grummanui_type=Gooseui_variation=CALdescription=Catalina AirLinesatc_heavy=0atc_airline=Catalina AirLinesatc_flight_number=25[fltsim.2]title=Grumman Goose paint1sim=goosemodel=panel=sound=texture=2panel_alias =sound_alias =kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=N999ui_manufacturer=Grummanui_type=Gooseui_variation=USAFdescription=Enter your description here.atc_heavy=0atc_airline=USAFatc_flight_number=[fltsim.3]title=Grumman Goose USCGsim=goosemodel=panel=sound=texture=USCGpanel_alias=sound_alias=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=CG7228ui_manufacturer=Grummanui_type=Gooseui_variation=USCGdescription=Grumman G21 Gooseatc_heavy=0atc_airline=COAST GUARDatc_flight_number=7228[fltsim.4]title=Grumman Goose JRF-5sim=goosemodel=panel=sound=texture=JRF-5panel_alias=sound_alias=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=87732ui_manufacturer=Grummanui_type=Gooseui_variation=JRF-5description=Grumman G21 Gooseatc_heavy=0atc_airline=NAVYatc_flight_number=732[fltsim.5] sim=goosemodel=panel=sound=texture=Magicpanel_alias=sound_alias=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=N1767Bui_manufacturer=Grummanui_type=Gooseui_variation=Black Magicdescription= ADD NEW DESCRIPTION HEREatc_heavy=0atc_airline=atc_flight_number=All others show except Blackmagic and Catalina. Odd

Guest NathanT24

Stupid me found the problem thanks anyways!

Guest NathanT24

Yep thats why I called myself stupid LOL. I love the Goose she flys wonderful, I got 10 Goose Textures where did you get 23?

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Do an extended search of the Avsim Library and you'll find over 30!!!Should fly wonderfully, the .air file is based on the default Beech Baron. Some interesting discrepencies re: wing area, engine paramaters, et cetera, but close enough. Was quite surprised when I recalculated the MOIs to discover just how close they actually were :-)