Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eric

6 months away from the FS world and still no Patch from

I have been out of the FlightSim community for like 6 months or so, and I was thinking about starting to fly again. But when I started reading some of my old haunts I found out that Microsoft never released a patch for FS2002! I honestly can't believe it. It shocked the heck outta me.One of the main reasons for getting out of flying is the performance and bugs in FS2002. (don't want to start a flame war, FS2002 has bugs, accept it) I guess the MAIN reason for getting out was I just got bored with it.So I gather that MS is not going to release a patch for FS2002 and just say the heck with everyone who bought it until the next flightsim comes out, probably with no patches either. :)MC

Yeah, right! I just don't know how all of the people that are still flying FS2002 can enjoy it. I think you did the right thing by dropping out for 6 months, and should do it again! That will show MS that they can't mess with you. ;(8

Just think.......During those six months, we've got new aircraft such as FSD's Cheyenne, Dreamfleets Archer, Flight1 C421, and Dreamfleet Cardinal which all have come much closer to the real thing, and very enjoyable. Even some good freeware ones out there. Looks like the new RealAir SF260 is a "winner" too!!Don't know how I'll ever survive without a patch from MS :) Havn't thought much about it either...L.Adamson

Guest Milio_B

So...buying the game..but NOT playing it, is the way to teach Microsoft a lesson?? If you say so :(I think we do need a patch, but as there isn't one (and there's not going to be one) we should try to enjoy what we do have. If not, then how are you going to be able to live this life???

This is why I lose faith in the human race. :) I try to state a point and just wonder why MS never released a patch and I get sarcasm in return. You people should really consider a french finishing school for your manners. :)I never said that FS2002 was garbage or people should stop playing it cause of the lack of a patch.If I remember correctly FS2000 had 2 patches, so my curiosity as to why MS never released any for FS2002 is not unwarrented.I guess you guys think that car companies shouldn't recall any vehicles to fix problems. Firestone really didn't need to have them recalls right? A few people dieing wasn't really reason enough huh. MC

Car companies recall cars to fix major defects not minor cosmetic flaws, which are only perceived by a few! How many people died from the FS2002 defects?

Guest DaveKDEN

>I try to state a point and just wonder why MS never released a patch and I get sarcasm in return....Unfortunately, in the time you've been away, this topic's been beat to death. As such, many have grown tired of the discussion so the natural inclination is to respond with sarcasm. Also, many so called "bugs" turned out NOT to be bugs at all (autopilot, fuzzy ground textures, etc...). Many early problems were solved, so each time someone reported the same old "bug", the natural response was once again that of sarcasm. Now, while I think there are a few minor issues that should be addressed by MS, FS2002 is (IMO) the best sim I've seen with the fewest amount problems out of the box. With the FS team moving on to bigger and better things (CFS-3 and likely early work on FS2004), I'm perfectly happy with FS2002 as it is right now (as are many others). I won't necessarily apologize for the response of others, but felt you needed an explaination as to why so many resonded the way they did.Dave

Guest flightpro08

While I also agree Microsoft should have released a patch, I enjoy FS2k2 anyhow. No program's going to be perfect, even one that has been patached numerous times. We just have to aprreciate what we have and if that's not good enough, then don't use it. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Guest Eric

"out of the FlightSim community for like 6 months or so"Well it's time for another 2 years for you now. "flying is the performance and bugs in FS2002":-lol "I guess the MAIN reason for getting out was I just got bored with it. go play games like QuakeEric

Guest cwright

MC, I basically agree with you. Although I regard FS2002 as a superb flight simulator it has its fair share of defects (of course, every flight simulator in the known universe has defects). It really comes down to quality. If it turns out that some product, whether a car or a simulator, has a real defect, then the company should make at least some effort to fix the defect. In the case of flight simulators, that means at least one patch. I'm certainly not suggesting that every single defect should be fixed - that would take forever. But I am suggesting that at least some effort should be made. Microsoft has made absolutely no effort to fix any defects, in CFS2 as well as FS2002. I think that either they have no concept of quality - or they have contempt for their customers. Just compare their attitude with that of TRI / Fly!'s - and Oleg Maddox and IL-2, for that matter.... Best regards, Chris