Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim13

Yippee, tomorrow is my first day at Comair

Hehe, I went to Conway Jr. High and graduated from Colonial H.S!Of course, that was a few years ago...Class of '79 Reagrds,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest ScottPilot

Good luck at Comair!And as always...hold on to your wallet!Scott :-)ATP/CFII - 6000+ hours TT, Corporate, Airline, and Flight Instructor experience - Currently a Senior at the University of Colorado studying Computer Information Systems.

Colonial - Class of '63 - or Eons ago!!!:-lol They just completely rebuilt the campus! They all have air-conditioning now, wimps!!

>>David, I'm 33, which is actually the average age here at the >comair academy!! So there's quite a mix here, young guns >right out of college and the carrer changing guys (Doctors, >Lawyers, MBA's, Engineers etc.) like me. >As a 33 year old MBA thinking about exactly the same route you're taking, let's just say I'll be looking forward to your updates.But knowing the workload you're about to face, I won't expect them to be frequent ;-)Good luck,Mike

ugcx_banner.png

Mike,go for it, if you can or at least seriously consider it. It's only been two days and I'm more than impressed to say the least. However, as you said, a lot of studying will be expected and we were told that everything the FAA requires Comair will require us to do at least 150 if not 200% of that!!This weekend is supposed to be our "party" weekend since we won't be having anymore weekends for the next 12 months. So I'll be simming for the next 48 hours and reading some of the great books we got while I'm enroute ;-)Ground shool starts on Monday and first flights are scheduled for Wednesday, after that FS2002 will probably see very little time but that is a great trade-off ;-)Mike, feel free to email me if you would like to know more about the program etc.Cheers,Pete http://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

>Four miles North of KMCO and just to the right of 18R in >Conway! Small world I am just east of MCO over in Lake Nona :)John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Ya right Tom, just off I-69! You know, Bill Clinton territory!:-lolI wondered why the Congressmen from Arkansas fought so bitterly for that piece of the Interstate System until events unfolded!!!

Back in the '60s, as I drove back to my base in Key West, FL, I use to pass that piece of land. It was for sale and out in the booneys! I sure wish I had had the money. Course if I bought, Orlando would still be a citrus and cow town. Dang, I sure wished I'd a bought it, if you know what I mean!

Guest Tim13

And Pete, when you're out practicing and dodging the "Riddlers" from up north, do Orlando approach a small favor. When you spot the light twin wreckage that is in the water near SFB, don't report it as a downed aircraft. :-lol Good luck with your training.Tim13