Sign in to follow this  

RealAir Marchetti SF260

HI Larry.When you do, I hope she meets your exacting standards. I would love to have taken a course at Air Combat USA - they seem to know what they're doing.Cheers,Rob

Hello Rob----The new "modem" for DSL didn't show in the mail, and all the reviews so far look very positive for the SF260!! Can't beat that, can you :)!!!! I may just have to give in for one more "slow" download!L.Adamson

Just wanted to thank the RealAir for the great aircraft. Might be a bit expensive, but it defenitely worth it. :)

Guest Aidi

Folks,So far a good thread, I cant comment on the SF260 cause I havent as yet got it, but what i can say is this.. Lets keep the thread on track... and about the SF260. Share your your personal views which is the idea of this and other forums. Many people will buy a product and contact the author(s) and end up corresponding to and fro about various aspects, but in no way are they connected with the commercial side of what the project is about. So.... lets keep focused... Rgdshttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Cheers Aidi and thanks for dropping in. Hope the Marchetti IS on your shopping list - I'm sure you'll love it.AFOX.

>"The SF260 is brilliant. I even got some .cfg and a flight model change in my email this morning. Thanks Rob!"I've bought the SF260 as well but neither did I get a new FM or CFG in my e-mail nor did I notice any new downloads on realair's webpage?RegardsBernt Stolle Capt CRJ

Hi Bernt,The modified .air and .cfg files Rob sent out are now part of the SF.260 package by default. Chances are you downloaded the SF.260 after these files were included.Hope that clears things up,Sean MoloneyRealAir Simulations,http://www.realairsimulations.com

Sean,Thanx for your quick reply ;-)Bernt Stolle Capt CRJ

Bernt Long time no hear.Hope you enjoy the SF260 CJ1 next :-)Best wishesPeter

Guest alanrco

WOW! doesn't this plane spin - just so cooool!I'm not used to aerobatic planes so if anyone can help.....I can't create a spin with full left rudder, only full right AND Why does this plane yaw so much when landing even with no weather settings (no wind etc).I use CH yoke and pro pedals (non-usb) which is calibrated correctly to centre

HI Alan,We put a note in the docs about CH hardware. The CH sticks with dedicated trim sometimes fight against the default settings. Also the CH stick is the ONLY stick we discovered that did not give us consistent rudder calibration for the Sf260, even though it appears calibrated dead centre in the calibration setup.In development tests the Sf260 spun both ways fine, but in fact we tended to get more probs to the right than left.Not quite sure about the yaw you mentioned. The rudder on the Sf260 is powerful (look at the relative size of it in spot view) but we are certain if it is centred you won't see any yaw unless you touch the pedals. Sometimes if you turn the wind off, then open the detailed wind menu you'll find that gusts are still set. This will yaw any aircraft, but the Sf260 will yaw more than most (that's partly why it spins and slips so well).Best Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

I had to add my tuppence worth to the list of plaudits for this new plane. It has easily displaced the FSD Commander as my preferred method of getting from one place to the next. It's a joy to fly without any recourse to the autopilot, and the handling is the thing which truly elevates this well above everything else. Other aircraft feel dull and uninvolving by comparison. Other developers of payware aircraft will have to work hard to match the new standards set by this addon. This is great news for we simmers.

Hi Christian,Just noticed your post and question. I've never been in an SF260, nor have I been within earshot of one in real life so I can't comment on the accuracy of the sound suite. I can say however, considering the attention to detail in the rest of the product, it's a sure bet the sounds ARE accurate. For me, sound is very important, but it doesn't have to be aircraft model, variant specific - Only a good match. The sound suite provided IS a good match and has NOT been-swapped out by me (my usual trick). We all have our own valid views so you may want to quiz Rob himself on this. All this and you've probably purchased it by now anyway, but for the record, here it is.AFOX :-wave

HI Damian,I appreciate your observation. We worked hard to make the Sf260 very trimmable for VFR flight, and though it has a full IFR panel and of course gps, we think it's at its best when you fly hands-on.Best Regards,Rob Young