Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

A review of the new single seater Marchetti

Guest cliff

The new Marchetti SF260 single seater tourer is superb.As an ex-pilot I know what it feels like to handle an aircraft and over the years since Flight Simulation began I've been patiently waiting for something approaching "the real thing".A couple of days ago, for the first time, I had the experience of handling an aircraft rather than a computer, of feeling the dynamics of a heavy aircraft being guided through the sky.On several occasions I have posed questions on Flight Sim Forums and have been pleasantly surprised at the helpfulness of other visitors to the Forums of how they give their time and experience to complete strangers.To try and reciprocate I want to share my first thoughts on the Marchetti.At the same time let me make it clear that I have no link with the guys who produced it and I have not been asked by them to write about it.So here's my pr

Thanks for your nice comments Cliff. Can I point out that the Sf260 is NOT a single seat tourer, it has four seats but usually carries three people unless they are very light.Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

Guest PhilC

I have to agree with everything Cliff said. And it does all this on my measily PIII 1GHz, ATI Radeon 32 DDR system very smoothly. She flys like a dream and although I have never performed any hammerheads and spins in real life, I believe that this would be pretty close to the real thing.$25 may seem a little high to some but I really feel it is worth it if you want to try your hand at a few aerobatics at home. :-)I'm having a blast!