Sign in to follow this  
Steve Cannell

Latest repaint

Lately I think im spending more time repainting than flying!! Its like it has become a whole new offshhoot of simming for me. I'm really enjoying this. I don't use any fancy tools, so it probably takes me a bit longer, but the results are worth it. I was wanting a really good DC-9 and with this Vans model we have a good one until the one from Flight One comes out..hopefully soon! Here's my latest, should be up soon right here! Enjoy!http://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/9.jpg

Looks great! I've taken up repainting with the new DF Cardinal.... My "Purple People Eater" posted in a lower thread is my first effort, and it was built off of Mr. Browning's great template. I'm trying to think of a way to upload them though--my dial-up connection is murder when it comes to uploading repaints...-John

Beware its darn addicting, I stayed up late last night working on this one, was so tired I made huge mistake and saved a texture under another name...took another 30 minutes to unscrew that! Hornit

LMAO!!!! Right with ya buddy! It's addicting! I'm on another scenery now and I already painted another Goose this week too. If it wasn't for this flying adventure I am also doing, I'd never fly at all. I need either 2 more arm and an extra head (could drink Mikes Hard lemonade!) or about 10 more hours in the day.DonOh....btw...plane looks nice. Is that a nice 9?

THat looks really Nice HornitI like your style :)Anniette xxxxxxxx

:) Thank you very much mam! Yes thats a DC-9-32 circa 1980 for Delta. I will probably also do one with the dark nose curving down to the nose gear. I like the white nose versions better though. By the way Anniete, is that curvacious thing on your front page a self portrait by chance?hornit

I have noticed this trend in the community. :-)People getting excited about a new model to paint.I'm having the opposite problem, can't seem to complete my scenery project because I'm enjoying flying to much. :-lol Steve