Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

You're number 3 for landing...WHAT???? Please Help!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends,it's my turn now.Why did FS2002 ATC clear me to land as number three when i almost could touch the rudder of both the aircrafts #2 and #1?In fact shortly after landing i crashed into the second...what a pity :-(Has anyone found a fix for this strange FS2002 ATC behaviour?Thanks in advance...waiting for Radar Contact v3 cheers allLuigi ;-)

Two fixes I have used that work for me.1. Create overlays for airports w/ (2) or more runways that way you split up the traffic.2. I try not to use the runway that is active for landings in FS :)We are both in the same boat until RCv3.John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thank you John>1. Create overlays for airports w/ (2) or more runways that way you >split up the traffic.Is that simple using AFCAD? At the moment i only use that prog to import airports created by other friends...>2. I try not to use the runway that is active for landings in FS How can you land that way if you have only one rwy? i suppose you have to land on the opposite side of the same rwy. Too dangerous isn't it?Luigi ;-)

I think John is suggesting you just avoid the active altogether, instead opting for another runway that AI traffic wouldn't use. The ATC will yell at you, but seeing as its flawed for commercial (which is the only time I encounter AI traffic), I just never use it.Scott

Hi Luigi,This is the work around I do when ATC "packs em tight".If you find yourself right on the heels of another plane just hit Y (slew). The AI aircraft keep going on their merry way while you wait for your spacing. Once happy with your spacing, just hit Y again and carry on.Cheers,John

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Yes John,not so bad, thank you.Luigi ;-)

I found that if you enter the pattern for the correct runway that ATC cleared you to land on. Then continue the approach until you are cleared to land. Once you have been cleared to land you can circle or sidestep and land on any runway you like. If you get clearance to land first then ATC will not yell at you, the only thing is ATC will immediately tell you to contact ground on 121.9 or what ever the ground freq is when your wheels touchdown. This works well at crowded airports, or any Airport for that matter.http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...25b2aaaa7ec.jpg

Hey Luigi,From your account, I have a different take on this...You see, actually this isn't an ATC problem. It

Luigi:If you ave downloaded AutoSave1.40.zip and installed it, you get a second chance to do your landing with no aircraft in front of you.You can also slew your aircraft to get the proper distance with the aircraft in fron of you. Many a time I have been run over by a large aircraft while landing and Autosave has saved the day.

Guest gasebah

Very funny, if you try to keep visual separation chances are high that you get hit from behind by no.4 for landing. Happens to me all the time. I have disabled collisions. Alex

That's nice in theory, but not always practical.The vast majority of airports have either only a single runway or they have multiple runways but those cross each other.And when there is another runway you can use, it is quite possible that the crosswind is too much for safe operations there.