Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Airport list from FS2002 .bgl files?

Guest russell

I'm trying to find a list of all airports in FS2002. I need at least the airport ID, name, latitude, and longitude. Any additional info would be a bonus.I'd also love to have some sample code (C++ preferred, anything would help tho) for extracting this info directly from the .bgl files. I've read the scenery SDK, but it was less than helpful for what I wanted to do. I can't tell if it's just out of date for some info (it refers to pointers that should always be zero, but aren't in the files I'm looking in), or if it's just designed for "normal" .bgl files that are compressed. I *think* that what I need is in the AFD-style .bgl files, which according to MS are not compressed, and maybe follow a slightly different format? I think the .bgl files I want to extract data from are all in the directory "...ScenedbAFDfilesScenery".If anyone has any sample code, or tips on the format of the .bgl files in that directory, I'd very much appreciate it.Thanks!Russell

Guest groundpounder75

Send me your email address. I have found a pdf file that lists all the airports and related information. It is a 6 meg file so if you have slow connection it may not easy to send. If I can remember where I obtained it I will let you know.

Guest gasebah

If I am not mistaken you can simply use the TTools decompiler and you will receive this list in Airports.txt. Sorry if I understood you wrong.Alex

Guest russell

Hi Alex, thanks for the reply.But if I understand the TTools docs correctly, the airports.txt file only includes airports being used for AI flights:"It is a list of all the airports that are referenced by AI flight plans. This is essentially all the airports that have AI traffic. Although the FS2002 world has about 22,000 airfields, only 1842 have any AI traffic."But if you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them :-)Russell

Guest gasebah

I see. Given the speciality of your question I already assumed that you should know about TT. Sorry.Alex