Sign in to follow this  

Glider update to Emma Field

Gentlemen, we just released the 1.50 update for Emma Field. The new version includes the complete glider module (air tow and winch launch) and a complete new set of professional sounds. The previous sounds where done by me and can hardly be called professional.As I got to burn the CD master early next week I would like to get some feedback as soon as possible. Certainly the winch launch is not something you can get confortable with very fast but it IS fun. Our beta testers did our best to annoy us into getting better and better files so we are sure we can not get the actual 'simulation' much better then it is. There are many items you can tune (from the speed of the winch and the accelaration to the weight of the cable) so you will need some time to get all setup for your favorite glider.So if you own Emma Field, get this update and let me know if there are problems our testers did not find. Mathijs KokLAGo Concepts & Development

Bad news here Mathijs. We get to 4000' on the air tow and FS locks up (crash in module unknown). Tried it on two machines, same result :( Just about to try the winch launch.

Guest gasebah

Same here. Seems not related to altitude though. Simply after some time even if release the hook much earlier FS will crash. It is also not related directly to the release. I can fly for almost 3 minutes after release, but than it will crash. I tried different sailplanes too.;(8 Alex

Guest PhilC

Same here. Winch launch works just fine but when I try the tow plane launch FS2K2 crashes just as the tow releases the glider. The error concerns the DXDiag and FS2002DW.cfg files on my XP PC. I also do not hear any pre-release beep as the manual states I should. Could the error have something to do with DirectSound?I will have to say that the glider module is really great and the new sounds are excellent. Emma just keeps getting better and better.Thanks Lago!

Guest dpc

Same issue here as well. Tow at around 4000 freezes the sim.WinXPAMD Athlon XP 1900+ 512RamRadeon 8500SB Gamer Sound

Winch tow seems fine. From a 1200' release I made just over 9000' before calling it a day and landing.Can anyone recommend any top notch FS2002 Sailplanes ?

Guest daves0

I released pretty low...about 1000 ft...and climbed to around 4000...did not have any problems...Win XPAMD XP1800+

Guest PhilC

Dave,Did you force a release? If so, then it most likely has something to do with the auto-release.

Guest daves0

Yes...I did not wait to gain height...but I only tried it once....I'll give it a go again, but unfortunately its way late...my eyes are glazing over :)>Dave, >Did you force a release? If so, then it most likely has >something to do with the auto-release.

Darned, I hate it when this happens... I do think it the problem is started when the sound is played. Of course it works here like a charm and I think it has indeed something to do with DirectX I'm going to call the programmer and we'll have an update in a matter of hours if all is well.Mathijs

Okay, we fixed the stupid Air Tow bug, if you have download the 1.50 version, download the new 1.51 version and accept our apologies.You might ask, don't these guys test this stuff? And I will answer with a nice Murphy tale. Last night when I received the files I tested them on my portable because that one had the FS2002 with least weird stuff on it at that moment. This was around 20:00 local, diner guest waiting, wife slightly annoyed (she is used to something but I was pushing it this time).Last test on my list was the air tow launch and a few seconds before the unhooking my portable did beep-beep and shut down because it ran out of juice. At the same time my wife called something I will not publish here. But what could be wrong? That part worked all day and nothing was changed on it. So zip up those files and send them on. Murphy 1, LAGO 0. Here are the changes from version 1.01 to 1.51:- 1.50 Major update. . New sounds by MeatWater! . The glider launch procedures added! . The menu has been updated with a Show thermals option. . SplashScreen added. . Sound problem fixed. . Thermals can be made visible. . Manual updated to 1.50 version. Do read... please.. . Installer updated to "Designed for Microsoft Windows" standard.- 1.51 Bug fix . Fixed the bug in the air tow launch. . Glider truck now opens before glider is unpacked. . Re-installed the default FS2002 splash screen and installed dlgsplash.LAGO, rename to dlgsplash.bmp to use the new Emma Field spash screen. . Installed new values in the glider.cfg, optimized for standard Fs2002 and Emma Field glider. . Added Flight Video that shows glider launch to LAGO FLT folder. Mathijs kokLAGO