Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Cardinal dihedral? hmmmm sure looks like it to me!

Okay... anhedral. I have to admit that I didn't know that. But what the hey! I am not one of those techno-geek-a-zoid types. Heck, up until today, I called it "bent wing effect" or "bendage". Now I stand corrected. :-lol

Guest B1900 Mech

I think It's called rotor disc coning,Heres a good one, does anyone know what the angle of decalage (sp?) is?

David is right about anhedral.To complete our techno-geek session there is also polyhedral - A form of dihedral in which there are one or more changes of dihedral in each wing panel.Michael J.

Guest flightpro08

This is really pathetic quite frankly. If you're all such experts about flying aircraft, then why the heck are you fixed on the visual model rather than focusing on the panel? :-rollRyan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

>http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d791f796089601e.jpg >>Just another view, not trying to prove a point either way. >>Clyde The only thing wrong with this view is that your seeing the wing from below and the wing is tapered at the rear edge. I tried to get photos that actually showed there is dihedral of at least a few degrees from above the chord line. When you view it from the angle in this shot the rear taper makes it appear there is little or no dihedral. I have a few hours in these aircraft and can recall the marked dihedral not evident in ..ahem....some models I have seen. :) Sorry I beat you to the punch Tom! Not making any judgements one way or the other, just putting stuff out there to see :)Hornit

This is a re-print from the Dreamfleet forum at Flightsim com. It's from the Cardinal Flyers organization regarding the dihedral. "With the reduced tail arm length in combination with the wide-chord ailerons and the rather high 3.0 of wing dihedral, an excessive amount of adverse yaw occurred in sharp turns. This required 10 degrees of rudder deflection (at low speed) for a coordinated turn. Thus it was necessary to reduce the wing dihedral to only l.5 degrees to minimize heavy rolling moments due to yaw. A more important change was an increase in vertical tail area of 20% with a slight increase in aspect ratio."