Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scott Campbell

My last words for Mr. Mike Stone....

I know this may upset many of the designers and supporters of Mike Stone in the FS Community but hey I had to say it.Mike this is your old friend from last nite.. I took a look at your Boeing 757 and I must say it looks great. You did a good job and I know some talented aircraft painters will release some awesome liveries for it. I hope there is no hard feelings and keep up the great work. Now that I think about it, the only aircraft you designed that I didn't..... (oops, someone might call me a Troll again), anyway your stuff is great....Keep up the good work and thanks for your time and effort in FS Design. You are one of FS's best...Les--

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Edam

Internet trollFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. On the Internet, a troll is a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response without adding content to the discussion, often intentionally. Though technically different from flaming which is an unmistakable direct personal attack, trolls often resort to innuendo or misdirection in the pursuit of their objective, which is to create controversy for its own sake, discredit those with whom they disagree, or sabotage discussion by creating an intimidating atmosphere. Originally this term applied to people who were intentionally posting flamebait, by analogy with the fishing technique of trolling: metaphorically, these people were dragging a conversational lure through the group, hoping for a response. The concept of "this person is trolling our newsgroup" became shortened to "this person is a troll", and picked up the association of the monster trolls of folklore. Trolling mostly maintains its earlier meaning of posting messages specifically in order to elicit a particular response, usually anger or argument. There is some generally-accepted wisdom about dealing with Internet trolls: "Don't feed the trolls, that will only encourage them." That is, do not respond to them, that is the attention they desire. ===============That's not to say that Les is actually one of them, Trolls don't apologize. But that is the definition. Now, what was the name of the guy in that other thread? Something about a "drawing board?"

Thanks for that definition, I too didn't know the meaning.

FS2020 

I thank you Edam for the explanation very good of you to take time to explain so well :)Anniette xxxxxxxxx

Anniette,I don't know if you read the post last night but the message today was meant to break the ice and not to be taken literally. I have no problem speaking my mind but enough has been said and overall thanks is due to someone who is bringing us great work free of charge. If I don't like one of his aircraft that does not mean I'm being negative, that's just my thoughts on the work. I like all of his other aircraft, hey the man has talent so I took it away to make sure the point was made. I had no idea you were trying to comment on it, we all can either read or edit our post and that's what I was doing....

FS2020 

Sorry I do not know what you are about ,Anyway I have Laundry to do :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok Les, I can accept that. I've downloaded a number of planes here that I didn't like, and some that I thought were downright horrible. And some of those were from some very popular and respected designers. But you have never seen, nor will you ever see me make a negative comment about their work in public. Just the way I was raised I guess. Which means that we are just two different people with different viewpoints on things, which is OK too.Mike Stone

You are a gentleman Mike. Now, if I could entice you to design / build a faulty, ugly, imperfect Fiji Air Norman Islander.. I would be a happy man. :-lol

Trolling - like dragging bait behind a boat, hoping something will bite it. :-lol

BobK

Hey tomMike Stone already built a build a faulty, ugly, imperfect Norman Islander and I can do you a faulty, ugly, imperfect Fiji Air Livery for it if you Want me too do it ? I would love to make you a happy man :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxx

You go for it girl! I would love to putz around in a Fiji Air Norman. I have exactly 1.3 hours stick time in that aircraft with the Fiji Air livery. Don't ask how... :)But if you can do one of those, I will be a happy man.

Right Consider it to be done ,I do alot of the Briten noman Islander for Virtual Airlines and Although it is the FSDS Model and a early Stone Model It is really kool AIrcraft and good to fly also ,I shall email it to you when it is finished ,What Registration would you like is all I need to know :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxx

Guest JonP01

I built an Airfix Britten Norman Islander sometime in the very early seventies. I hated the yellow livery so I chucked it over the fence into the neighbour's tennis court. I can guarantee that after that act, that model had even more imperfections...