Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Dash 8-300 by Oleksiy Frolov

Guest sunstriker

HiThis is at first glance quite complex and excellent.I have found it hard to operate; for example the throttles dont seem to be selectable by mouse and will not hold on...is there a few things you guys could comment on ; the pack looks superb and the sounds are unreal!!!Where do you think I adjust the sound wave buffers as suggested..beats me that one lol -win 2000Thank you young man for this superb aircraft!!What I need is a short tutorial on how this works please!Sun

This panel requires the use of a physical throttle (i.e. on the yoke type) as per the documentation.Also, I would be happy to provide additional information for you if you can be a bit more specific.There is a rather complete tutorial included with the panel documention also.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest sunstriker

MikeThanx I read the docs after making the post and realised about the throttle; I dont have one unfortunately so unless theres a work around Im stuffed; shame its a brilliant piece of work!Any suggestions?Sun

Hi!Throttles will be fully controllable from keyboard after the new patch (1.0.2) is released. Coming along around 14th Sep.regardsOleksiy

Care to mention what else is in the patch, Oleksiy?AndyEGTR

One thing missing is a checklist. You have to go through the introductory flight to get the startup procedure. I have compiled the steps into a checklist. Would it be helpful if I posted that? Love this panel. Still learning to fly. It is a different bird... having trouble with the proper landing attitude/flare. But I am sure it will be a great reward when I grease one! Eddie KSLC

Let me tell add to the chorus of compliments. I love this plane - it is a great addition to my hanger.My only problem with the plane and panel is that the range of the throttle seems compressed -I'm at zero torqe on the gauges when the throttle is still inches above flight idle both on screen and on my Saitek Throttle unit. I hope this is addressed - it's making it a tad difficult to control power on landing. Other than that, I love the systems, the flight dynamics the panel etc. Just an oustanding effort.

Interesting to see you have a Saitek throttle and have even mangaed to get the Dash 8 off the ground!I have the Saitek X36 combo but I am unable to control the throttles for taxi, they jump from idle to flight idle and the left hand throttle stays out of sync until well up the travel range.Care to say how you have your throttle set up, sensitivities, null zone, do you keep the idle/reverse detent, have you set it up using FSUIPC or just FS?Sorry for all the questions but I would like to try this plane myself.

Well, I'm not doing much different than the other planes. I have FSUIPC version 2.85 with sensitivities on the throttle set at 100% and no null zone. This seems to be important - the throttle is very, very sensitive and anything less seems to result in jumpy throttle action. I'm not sure why your throttles are not working in tandem - I'm sure they are correctly mapped or you would have this problem with other planes. I have Condition mapped to the thumb rotary. I'm not sure about "setting" the idle/reverse indent. I have F2 mapped to the D button on the throttle - so when I land, I reverse thrust with the D button. You have to use the mice to advance the condition levers to the first indent - then you an use the rotary. One thing I do sometimes indavertently is have more than one axis mapped to the throttle - the one on my PFC yoke and the one on my throttle. This will make it impossible to control the plane if you've made the same mistake I do. One axis per control.I usually start cold - by resetting the flight. Engine start-crack the throttles one at a time with the mouse for start-up - then move the condition lever up to the first notch as well. Generators on, battery on, external power off, steering on, lights, avionics, flaps one notch. and we are ready to go. I push the condition levers up to the next notch with the rotary - it usually kicks up to full but I bring them back to the line in the midde. Parking brake off and nudge the throttles until the torque gauges spring to life. A little goes a long way. To slow down, simply bring the throttle all the way to the bottom - the props will automatically reverse and slow you down gently (really cool). At the end of the runway, kick off the governor lever keeping the throttle from going full out, throttles to full, and off you go. Not sure what else I can help you with. Hope this is usefull. Colin

Just ran through it. a) Don't need to use the mouse to advance the throttles in start up. :( You taxi without any torque - advancing the condition levers to the middle will give you enough thrust to taxi. I just went from the gate at my home aiprort in London Ontario to the active. AGain. And, as above, pull the throttle back to brake. It's worth noting we are talking about very little movement on the throttle. Hope this helps. Colin

Guest sunstriker

HiGreat news about the patch, then Ill be able to fly it...Thx for a super planeSun

Colin,Thanks for the replies, I will try your settings later this week and see how I get on.I notice a new version of FSUIPC is out (V2.90) and there has been a change to the throttle set-up, don't know if this will affect the current set-up and/or the Dash 8 set-up, will experiment.Rgds

Hey Vulcan (and anyone else having throttle control problems),Go and get FSUIPC 2.90 NOW! It solved all my problems with the throttle and condition lever.Thank-you Peter Dowson, if I was female I would have your baby :-)Adrian

>Hey Vulcan (and anyone else having throttle control >problems), >>Go and get FSUIPC 2.90 NOW! It solved all my problems with >the throttle and condition lever. >>Thank-you Peter Dowson, if I was female I would have your >baby :-) >>Adrian Down loaded it yesterday Adrian but have not had chance to try it with the SF260. Flew the Airbus yesterday with 2.90 installed and it still appears to give me reverse thrust past the lower detent on the Saitekwhich is good news.Send me a picture Adrian and I'll let Pete see it when I see him in November :-), but I am sure you don't stand a chance of having his baby LOL!