Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toni Rauch

You know you're a flight simmer when ..

Guest PhilipManwaring

1. Driving down the highway you notice the wind is really howling outside so you instinctively glance down at your instrument panel to check the wind velocity vector.2. You leave a voicemail for somebody and have the irresistable urge to finish the message by saying "Thanks, Delta 1157, good day".3. You come up to an intersection just as the light turns red and you instinctively reach for the F2 key.4. You come to an intersection just as the light turns red and you instictively reach for the F3 key. You know who you are.None of these things have ever happened to me. Really. :DAnybody care to add? Happy flying,Philip

More like.....I come up to a red light and push the F4 key.....lol :-wink2

5. You walk around your car for ten minutes before stepping aboard.6. You sit in your driveway for two hours waiting for push back.7. You mysteriously accelerate every time you turn to the right.8. You keep trying to find the nearest ATIS on your car radio.9. You make your wife stand outside your house with two ping pong bats to guide you in.10. And worst of all for your wife, you make her go for car rides in the middle of the night in pouring rain, howling wind just to see whether you can find your way back.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest PhilipManwaring

Ahh .. I see you're a TRUE simmer! :-lol :-lol :-lol

Guest Edam

You're driving in your car, and while going down a hill, you imagine that you are coming in for a landing. As was previously stated, I never did that. Honest.

hmmm... I did numbner 2! :-hah Really!!I left a voice mail for someone and I said "....call me back...Take care, Mike" which is how I always end my posts. :-shy5. When you drive on the highway with the wind picking up and you use the pedals to try crab into the wind. 6. When the light turns green you push forward on the gear stick and expect to move. 7. when you want to slow down you open all the doors to act as speedbrakes. 8. To slow down quick you throw the car in reverse while doing 80 mph! :-eek9. When you are on a bumpy road you announce to the passengers "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking..please fasten your seatbelts as we are experiencing some turbulence! 10. If you run out of gas while driving...you start looking around for a farm field to drive the car into. 11. You reffer to Cops as FAA inspectors.12. You calaculate what speed to drive at based on type of car, number of passangers and weather. You also calculate what speed you cahnge gears as V1, V2, V3, V4 etc.13. when you approach your home you do a traffic pattern around the block and enter the drive way with a lef hand turn.I could go on all night..but I'll stop here. :-lolTake careMike

Guest JonP01

Your speedometer is calibrated in knots...If you have to drive through high mountain ranges you start murmuring phrases about "cabin altitude"...You have sick bags installed all over the place...

You pull back on the steering wheel when you reach the bottom of a hill trying to flare to make it a softer touchdown.When the car is pulling to one side you start looking for the aileron trim.When you drive up an on ramp to the freeway you feel the need to retract flaps as you accelerate.When you set the cruise control you look at the speedometer to see if the airspeed bug is in the right place.When you hit the off button on the speedometer you wonder why there was no autopilot disconnect beep.When you go into a turn you glance at the panel to see what your angle of bank is. http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...25b2aaaa7ec.jpg

LOL it happends to me some times hehe just did a trip from new jersey to North Carolina in 6 hours going 80mph:pto vist my sister and i felt like saying hey put the air breaks to slow down check the gps system etc etc my friend is also a flight simmer he was the driver and he called me the co-pilot lol ! some times i drive and i hold th wheel like if it was a Yoke !! :) :-lol :-lol :-lol

When you see a red light ahead, you pop the trunk lid as a spoiler.Mike Stone

...your cellphone rings and you reach for the pause key.... your on a quiet road at night and you see in the distance the lights of another car you say "traffic in sight" ... ... more?.... :-)Pete

You find you drive your vehicle centered on the double yellows to follow the taxiline! :-eekAfter accelerating onto the freeway/highway you gently pull back on the steering wheel to rotate.After pulling next to a fuel pump, you ground your vehicle before beginning to pump.When your vehicle breaks down you write to the dealer demanding to know when the patch will be available.You spell words to other people using the phonetic alphabet.You refer to tractor-trailors on the roads as "heavies". You carefully scrutinize the view out your window searching for blurries. You refer to the cruise control on the car as the autopilot. Regards, :-waveJohn

When your vehicle breaks down you write to the dealer demanding to know when the patch will be available.:-xxrotflmao Mike

When you pull back on the stick and yourcar won't lift off!Peter Sydney Australia