Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toni Rauch

You know you're a flight simmer when ..

a few more...1. You yell "CLEAR" out the window when you start your car!2. You tie your car down when you park!3. When you leave your house you pull out of the garage and on the driveway to do a run-up.4. You use sectional charts and Terminal area maps to find a street address that you need to go to.5. You have a logbook for your driving hours.6. You replace your steering wheel with a CH Flight Sim Yoke.8. When in danger of an accident you search for the Y Key to slew around!9. When you park you look for the S key to switch to spot view!10. Your car is a ConVAIRCARTake careMike

Guest captbulldog

Yes. I'll admit I have done many of the mentioned :-DYou have checklists for BEFORE START, AFTER START, CRUISE (FREEWAY), APPROACH, and SO ON!Yes. I have them, but they're all in my head. I run through the typical challenge...response format :-lol

Guest Dominik Mann

*LOL* Too funny!!! Just what I needed for a good start into this day :D ...

6. You glance at the sky on a summer day and think "Gee those clouds look just like the ones in Falcon 4 - no, maybe more like Fly2! clouds"7. You actually hope for the day a flight attendant asks if there is anyone on board who thinks they can land this plane.8. You are flying a real plane and are stunned when the tower doesn't give you the exact commands that you've come to expect from FS2K29. You know you should unplug your computer in preparation for the impending thunderstorm but instead boot FS2K2 with Flightmax to see if the lightning strikes show.10. You begin to really think you just might be able to fly a real plane inverted under the Golden Gate Bridge while drinking a beer and eating popcorn.David

11. You've replaced the lightbulbs in your home office with red ones so they don't ruin your night vision.12. Your harddrive crashes and your first thought is having to download all those addons again - not about the important documents you might have lost for work.13. You check Avsim and realize it's only been 30 minutes since the last time you checked it.14. You wonder what the weather is doing outside and check FSMeteo instead of looking out the window right next to you.15. Your wife asks why we get a monthly charge from some place called Lago.16. You take a long car trip with the family and immediately after you get home, recreate the entire route in FS2K2 to see how much faster you could have flown it.17. You have dried up McDonalds frenchfries under your sim chair.18. You cringe when nonsimming friends insist on crashing your beloved Cessna 421 into the ground.19. (TrackerIR users only!) You no longer remove the dot from your forehead after simming, knowing that you'll be going back later. The family has actually gotten accustomed to you wearing a dot. 20. You upgrade to a new computer with the rationalization that your kid can have the old one but soon find that your "kid's" computer does a fine job of running FSMeteo and Flightmax remote using WideFS. Instead, your wife ends up sharing her computer with him, unless of course, you need that one to run Whazzup21. (they just keep coming!) The homecockpits featured on the Project Magenta site used to amaze you but now they look, well, do-able.22. You give your wife a quick aerial virtual tour of the Hawaiin Islands and are surprised to later hear her tell her friends that you never take her anywhere.23. The earth seems to stand still when your wife looks over and actually says something complementary about flight sim.24. Your two-year old is looking for you and the first place she looks is in the computer room.25. Your heartrate increases and your palms get a little sweating when you are landing a FS heavy loaded with "passengers"26. You start taking flight lessons but wonder how long the 152 can hold your interest when you are used to having a whole "hangar" full of airplanes.27. You can't land a Cessna very well but can explain to your flight instructors in great detail the intricacies of a Boeing 74728. You drive your instructors crazy by constantly comparing real life to the sim.29. You've actually considered placing a fan on top of your computer to simulate an open cockpit (if you could only vary its speed with your virtual airspeed...)30. You radio ground control in a real plane but don't really pay much attention to their directions because you know they'll paint a nice pink line to the runway if you ask them.David

Guest PhilipManwaring

OK - David wins the cookie for sure! That's some of the funniest stuff I've read in a long time. Thanks to all. I think we should publish these in a little coffee table book or maybe a desk calendar. :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lolHappy flying, Philip.

Hi, Philip...I knew I was a flight simmer when I would superimpose an almost real but imaginery target lock-on box over the birds flying above me when I was out walking. This after-image HUD stayed with me for quite some time and was the result of some very intensive simulated Combat Jet flying... (8-| AFOX.

Guest Toni Rauch

You know you're a flight simmer when.....1. your car breaks down and instead of calling AAA (AA or RAC) for assistance, you post a thread at Avsim asking how to re-calibrate the car.....2. you're driving along and your wife says something to you. You instinctively reply "Roger" and your wife jumps onto the back seat in preparation.....Toni.