Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

Stolen textures

"A person takes something that doesn't belong to him, claims as his own (he steals it)and he is the victim."The Pan Am Logo does not belong to Anniette. Anniette is claiming the Pan Am Logo is hers. Is it stealing? Again the Pan Am registered Trademark that was originally copied by Anniette belongs to Pan Am not Anniette. Granted Anniette did a fine reproduction but it still is Pan Am's. Did Anniette pay Pan Am to copy thei logo? Did Anniette get permission to copy their logo? I don't know but I'd be willing that 90% of repaints do not have authorised consent from the airline to reproduce thier logo's and liveries.Jeff

Guest Scott Campbell

Unless he changed the apology page, he is apologizing to Anniette. Who did he apologize to before?I still love the him/her stuff. Is "Anniette" that difficult to figure out? :-lolStill, he makes it sound as if he did a total repaint and it was an oversight that he left out the ORIGINAL COPYRIGHT HOLDER. And it doesn't matter. He didn't get permission. That's all that matters here.

>The Pan Am Logo does not belong to Anniette.So what ? Read post 60. and specially its point (4). You seem to repeat things like broken record without any knowledge what it really means and where copyright violation really took place. Michael J.

Yeah Mike I do. Since every single Airline Logo and Livery has a copyright it would appear that both parties violated that copyright. Anniette and the guy who copied her work. But hey I don't have any knowledge.:-rollGood day,Jeff

I dont think we are trying to prove what is legal here as much as just to prove that the guy was a parasite and that Anniette does appreciate some one else taking the credit for her hard work. The end.

Guest Matt Johnson

Ok, folks. Think this thread's gone far enough. The file in question has been removed, and the "author" has apologized for his misdeeds -- better late than never, or too little too late is going to be something that not everyone agrees with.--M