Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

Version 6.50 of Final Approach is out!!!

Hello all, For all of you who have Georges Lorsch

Georges always made his FinalApproach updates available to registered owners, for free! Ver. 6.50 was no exception.Pete S

First off, thanks for your kind words about Final Approach!Version 6.50 is indeed out since early 2002, and like all 6.x updates before, it is free of charge to all current V6 users. Simply delete your previous version, install the new one and plug in your personal program key.V6.50 allows the program to run under Windows XP and Windows 2000 and adds compatibility to FS2002.Two other changes are rather cosmetic: Users may now choose any default FS2002 aircraft when transferring approach data to FS and they may choose between day and night-time for the automatic approach setup in both FS2000 and FS2002.Georgeshttp://webplaza.pt.lu/glorsche

Great! Hmmm...shows how far I am behind the times:-doh. I got an email from a flightsim retail site that advertised the 6.50 version in a manner that made me think it had just recently been released. Thanks so much for the advice.....Tony P.

Guest WorkingStiff

Ryan,Final Approach is exactly what its name implies; it is essentially a collection of arrival procedures, there are no DPs included to my knowledge. I know you have access to the latest Jepp charts so this would not be of any use to you.I haven't used Final Approach for a few years now but the last time I used it the best feature was the ability to position your aircraft directly at the IAF for any approach; useful when you just want to practice flying approaches.

Guest JZL 1

Are you out of luck if you have the CD version from JustFlight?

Guest JZL 1

Thanks, Georges.The charts look fine now.One small problem persists, though. The screen when I "Open file from Zip" has black text on a black background. When a file is highlighted, it is a readable gray, and the search function works fine, so this is more of an inconvenience than anything crucial. It would be nice to fix if possible, however.