Sign in to follow this  

Display problem........

I just put in a new Video card and all of a sudden I can't get any reflections.I installed a Verto GForce 4 MX420 to replace my Verto GForce 2 MX 200. I has great reflections with the old card. I installed the latest drivers too. no dice.... Anyone have any Ideas???? And yes, Multi textureing is checked, along with aircraft reflectionsBrian

Well, ALT-Tabbing sorta works but then the preformance goes through the floor to the point that with the same settings my old MX200 has better framerates. this is rediculous.... this is the second card that I have installed today!!!!! :-grr Any suggestions for a card that actualy WORKS??????????? something under $200, preferably in the $150 range???????Brian

Brian - Lots of different opinions on the "best" card. But I'm really convinced the best buy for the money is the GF4 Ti4200. It has all the rendering features of the Ti4600 and can be had for US$120-150. This card is fully DX8 compliant and there is nothing in FS2002, or any addon, that it won't render properly. Plus, in most all cases, it will easily overclock to Ti4400 speeds with no additional cooling needed. The Ti4200 comes in two versions, 64MB and 128MB. For FS2002 there is no need for the 128MB card (plus the memory speed is faster in the 64MB cards). TripNorthwood 2.2a at 2.72Ghz Abit TH7II-R512MB Samsung 40ns PC800Gainward 64MB GF4 Ti4200 300/57040.41's DX8.1 WinXP ProInwin case / Enermax 431W PSU3DMark2001SE = 13089http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4330740