Sign in to follow this  
Guest jkramer51

ILS at PDX and other airports unsafe

"As Real As It Gets?"RE: FS2k2Could someone tell me if there's a way to correct the erronious ILS signals? I remember MSFSims that had accurate ILS approaches.If I line up for ILS 28R at KPDX I'll end up in the termanal!Does this bother anyone else other than me?"Is there a programmer in the house?"

Yes there is a program here on avsim which allows you to correct faulty data-I can't remember the name but do a search.The fact that a few approaches are out of whack out of 10's of thousands of worldwide approaches that are correct seems pretty "real as it gets"-my real world gps even has a few wrong ones-but then it cost $1400.00 vs. $60 for Fs.In my recollection the past fs ils's were not as realistic-did not follow real world charts and offsets but were a generic guide you the same way everywhere type of thing.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

>If I line up for ILS 28R at KPDX I'll end up in the >termanal! I assume that you mean 28L, since I just shot six approaches on 28R and the reciprocal 10L without error.However 28L is as you've described, although oddly enough the reciprocal 10R is just fine... except for the GS being off just enough to put you in the Columbia River... :(Find Easy NAVs, filename: en2k400.zip here at avsim.com to fix...

Guest jkramer51

Send me your email address & I'll send you the ils bgl file that fixes 28L. It was a bad one but I fixed it.Johnjkramer1951@attbi.com

Sorry!Sounds like you're a real pilot...I feel better now.Thanks,Cliff

Guest jkramer51

Just wondering if it's legal to upload the ils fixed bgl file for others to get. All I did was fix KPDXs 28L. But the file itself came with fs2k2. Just wondering.John